Manager, Traffic Acquisition Retargeting
We are looking for an exceptional and ambitious individual to join our world-class traffic acquisition team, responsible for bringing hundreds of thousands of highly qualified users to our global sites each month. The Manager, Traffic Acquisition Retargeting is responsible for a sizeable part of the TripAdvisor global footprint.
Located in our Needham HQ, this role will be responsible for driving the strategic vision and tactical execution of Display Retargeting campaigns for our sites. He/she would be responsible for providing leadership on effective retargeting tactics, monitoring key performance indicators, expanding existing retargeting campaigns and sourcing, pitching and driving the strategic results of new global campaigns.
This role requires strong emphasis on analytics driven decision making and understanding the technology that makes retargeting “work” so as to optimize campaigns and know where to look if campaigns go awry.
This is a tremendous opportunity to run a large book of business while also capturing the energy and rapid pace of a startup, with the proven track record of an industry leader.
- Manage existing high-quality high-scale retargeting campaigns to revenue and efficiency goals.
- Optimize current campaigns to increase key performance indicators.
- Develop and execute an expansion strategy to gain audience and grow revenue.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (engineering, product, creative, marketing, operations) to align retargeting strategies with the goals and objectives of the overall business.
- Develop and monitor metrics, and provide weekly channel reporting to management as well as deep-dive analytics to uncover strategic insights and action plans.
- Conduct formal A/B testing plans to optimize campaigns and channels.
- Stay abreast of the competitive landscape and develop new initiatives.
- Develop and foster exceptional relationships with partners across the travel and advertising industries.
- What TripAdvisor is Looking for in the Ideal Candidate:
- A results-oriented, seasoned retargeting expert who thrives on identifying and executing large business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Economics or Engineering required; MBA a plus.
- 3-4 years of hands on work experience in retargeting is strongly preferred.
- Alternatively, 8+ years work experience in online advertising, traffic acquisition and marketing analytics with an emphasis on generating high ROI.
- Highlyanalytical and detail oriented.
- Experience managing an international portfolio is strongly desired.
- Shouldbe self-motivated, able to work effectively in an autonomous environment, proactive and persistent.
- Abilityto communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience collaborating with developers on technical specifications.
- Expert level proficiency in using data, to make business decisions, build business cases and support campaign optimizations.
- Ability to work well with many types of people across multiple global offices.
- Comfortablewith multi-tasking in a very fast-paced work environment.
- Experiencein travel industry is a plus.
Other Qualities TripAdvisor Values in a Candidate:
- Openness to change and new information.
- Recognition of own strengths and weaknesses and an eagerness to learn and improve.
- Ability to collaborate with others, build trusting relationships and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Ability to respond appropriately to needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people.
- Capacity to understand and utilize the key performance metrics relevant to role.
- Ability to express facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
- Strong business acumen.
- Aptitude to partner with other departments and varying levels of staff and management.
- Ability to take direction, effectively lead projects and motivate others to achieve goals.
Back to top