Manager, Online Marketing & Analytics
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We are looking for an exceptional and ambitious individual to join our world-class traffic acquisition team, responsible for bringing hundreds of thousands of highly qualified users to our global sites each month. The Manager, Online Marketing is responsible for a sizeable and aggressively growing part of the TripAdvisor global footprint. Located in our Needham, MA corporate headquarters, this role will be responsible for driving the strategic vision and tactical execution of online marketing for our sites. He/she would be responsible for providing leadership on effective online marketing tactics, member acquisition, key performance indicators, expanding existing online marketing campaigns and sourcing, pitching and driving the strategic results of new global marketing campaigns. This is a tremendous opportunity to capture the energy and rapid pace of a startup, with the proven track record of an industry leader. In addition, this role requires strong emphasis on deep-dive marketing analytics.
- Develop and execute high-quality high-scale traffic acquisition opportunities. This includes but is not limited to direct response, remarketing, affiliate marketing and lead generation partnerships.
- Develop and execute an acquisition strategy to gain new engaged members.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (engineering, product, creative, marketing, operations) to align traffic acquisition strategies with the goals and objectives of the overall business.
- Develop and monitor metrics, and provide weekly channel reporting to management as well as deep-dive analytics to uncover strategic insights and action plans.
- Develop yearly business plan for traffic acquisition and standard reporting.
- Conduct formal A/B testing plans to optimize campaigns and channels.
- Stay abreast of the competitive landscape and develop new initiatives.
- Develop and foster exceptional relationships with partners across the travel industry and relevant endemic industries.
What TripAdvisor is Looking for in the Ideal Candidate:
- A results-oriented, seasoned online marketing expert who thrives on identifying and executing large business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Economics, or Business required; MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of work experience in online marketing, online advertising, traffic acquisition, and marketing analytics.
- Highly analytical.
- Highly detail oriented
- Experience managing an international portfolio is strongly desired.
- Solid experience in online marketing disciplines with a strong emphasis in generating high ROI.
- Should be self-motivated and able to work effectively in an autonomous environment, proactive and persistent.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience collaborating with web developers on the technical tracking specifications for products.
- Expert level proficiency in excel and an advocate of using data to make business decisions, build business cases and support campaign optimizations
- Ability to work well with many types of people across multiple global offices.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking in a very fast-paced work environment.
- Experience in travel industry is a plus
Other Qualities TripAdvisor Values in a Candidate:
- Openness to change and new information.
- Recognition of own strengths and weaknesses and an eagerness to learn and improve.
- Ability to collaborate with others, build trusting relationships and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Ability to respond appropriately to needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people.
- Capacity to understand and utilize the key performance metrics relevant to role.
- Ability to express facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
- Strong business acumen.
- Aptitude to partner with other departments and varying levels of staff and management.
- Ability to take direction, effectively lead projects and motivate others to achieve goals.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top