Machine Learning Engineer - Campus
TripAdvisor is the largest travel site in the world. We get millions of unique visitors on a monthly basis.
Do you want to apply your machine learning expertise to find solutions for the largest travel site on the web? Do you get excited about the prospect of working with not just big data, but huge data? Would you like to work across diverse areas including personalization, fraud detection, and natural language processing?
TripAdvisor's Machine Learning team to works on machine learning and statistical analysis problems across several groups in the company. As a member of this group you'll use these techniques to implement new solutions and improve existing approaches to large scale data analysis. You'll be relied upon to research, design, and implement your projects. You must be comfortable communicating your approach to project managers across the company.
What you will do:
- Working with Hadoop, Redshift, and other big data systems
- Applying machine learning techniques to personalize the site experience for our users
- Building algorithms to help our review fraud team catch bad guys
- Working on various natural language and information retrieval problems over our huge database of traveler reviews and site data
- Working on machine vision techniques to automatically curate photos and video on the site
What you will bring to the team:
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- A passion for solving real world problems with machine learning
- Experience working with collaborative filtering, clustering, classification, regression, natural language processing, machine vision, and/or statistical modeling.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, Spark or other big data tools
- Knowledge and experience of SQL and relational databases
- Fluency with statistical tools such as R or Python scikit-learn
- Proficiency in Java or C++
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures and complexity)
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top