TripAdvisor is looking for an experienced Lead Copywriter to help create compelling, impactful messaging across all our touch-points that educates and engages our consumers and members, activates our fans, influences our industry partners and cultivates our global TripAdvisor community.
As part of the Creative team, this role will help support our brand messaging efforts, email programs, product initiatives, social media efforts, and concept global brand-building campaigns. The work will run the gamut from banner ads, site messaging and email marketing to new global-scale brand and product campaigns. The role will be responsible for helping to develop and drive a consistent voice across all of the campaign elements, promotional products, print pieces, and more.
Importantly, as a senior member of the Creative team this role will be responsible for balancing hands-on copywriting work with helping to supervise the work of junior writers and freelance resources, while also working collaboratively with our Brand Creative and UX Design teams.
Our ideal candidate is a flexible, confident, strategic copywriter with significant experience working in a digital environment. There should be a desire to be part of a growing, changing team, and the drive to push new ideas forward. Finally, we are looking for someone who is looking to use Copy to elevate the brand and drive strong business results.
- Copywriting for both digital and offline marketing initiatives, including email campaigns, banner advertisements, site content, print and web-branded materials, and social media
- Facilitating continued evolution of the brand voice and messaging across all media formats and driving brand voice consistency in copy efforts across all touch-points
- Supporting CRM initiatives with persuasive copy that generates business impact by motivating recipients to take action
- Providing customized messaging strategies and copy based on defined customer segments, shared knowledge of user behavior, and best practice standards
- Collaborating with Design team leads and members to create cohesive design-copy campaigns
- Collaborate with Brand marketing, Industry marketing, PR, product managers, and other stakeholders to determine concepts and copy direction of branding and marketing initiatives.
- Collaborating with creative team leaders to facilitate continued evolution of the brand voice and messaging across all media formats.
Desired skills and experience:
- Degree in English, Communications, Advertising or a related field
- 7+ years’ experience as a copywriter, ideally in a digital ad agency or as an in-house creative at a digitally-led company
- Portfolio required (send via email or provide link along with resume, please).Would like to see full range of channels including CRM, social, web, print
- Consumer brand experience with a strong online component ideal
- Experience working on fully integrated holistic marketing campaigns
- Strong track-record of CRM and social media copy that has proven business results/impact
- Sound understanding of visual design and a keen appreciation of the interplay between copy and visual elements
- Demonstrated experience with interactive media and direct marketing
- Experience managing resources
- Ability to communicate effectively to a global audience (i.e. write with an eye toward translations, as opposed to relying on wordplay and verbal nuance)
- Must be a team player and enjoy collaboration — the ability to work both independently and as part of a team is essential
- Ability to take direction from internal stakeholders, propose new concepts, and follow established guidelines required
- Has conviction to champion his/her perspective, but is also able to successfully collaborate with other point of view
- Must be able to accept constructive feedback, quickly translate it into modified and/or new content, and apply metrics and lessons learned to future projects
- Ability to articulate a rationale for a specific approach and present that idea to collaborators and/or internal clients.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills are a must
- Speed Wins encapsulates the way we work. This means you’ll need to be capable of thinking, working and collaborating quickly – and meeting tight deadlines – without sacrificing quality or attention to detail.
Back to top