iOS Engineer - Core Experience
Core Experience is focused on making TripAdvisor a habit for our travelers. Helping the people who come to TripAdvisor find and become part of a community of travelers with similar interests. The team focuses on growing membership as well as bringing travelers a personalized travel journey.
Some examples of what you could have worked on recently are:
- Changing the way people think about TripAdvisor. Building an app and site to be habitual. This is a drastic shift from how people currently use our product.
- We are consciously designing for the consumer to be a place where people want to be on a regular basis.
- We are going to be overtly social. Adding integrations to a number of social platforms and building out features to follow, like and create feeds. Much of this is being driven with the help of our Machine Learning team.
What you will do
- Write code...it's an engineering role, after all.
- Work with you team, as well as other groups like product management, design, plus others, to bring your projects to fruition.
- Touch whatever level of code required in order to complete your project.
- Be creative and pragmatic when solving the problem you are working on.
- Be a mentor for others on the team.
- Move quickly. We have a weekly release so build it and ship it!
What you will bring to the team
- A want to learn
- An open mind
- The desire to move quick
- 2 or more years of professional experience developing iOS applications.
- The understanding that done is often a better option for us than perfection.
- Understanding of design and implementation challenges/opportunities of mobile devices
- Experience shipping mobile product
- Familiarity with iOS design principles, patterns, and best practices
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With over 600 million reviews and opinions covering the world's largest selection of travel listings worldwide - covering approximately 7.5 million accommodations, airlines, attractions, and restaurants -- TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. TripAdvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travelers can find the lowest price on the hotel that's right for them. TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world's largest travel community of 455 million average monthly unique visitors*, all looking to get the most out of every trip. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top