International Tax Manager
Tripadvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At Tripadvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
- Reporting to the International Tax Director
- Manage the day-to-day tax operations of our growing international business
- Assist with the development of implementation of international tax planning strategies and management of existing structures
- Partner with business leaders, tax, finance, treasury, legal, and external advisers on various business and tax planning matters
- Review contracts and collaborate with business leaders and legal to ensure contracts contain key terms that are consistent with global tax structure and to minimize potential tax risks to the company
- Assist with international tax aspects of IRS audits and certain foreign country local income tax audits
- Assist in the determination of tax consequences related to international mergers, acquisitions, reorganization and divestitures.
- Partner closely with Domestic Tax team with respect to the Quarterly Provision process:
- Calculate and review foreign subsidiaries current and deferred tax provision
- Provide guidance on tax return to provision process.
- Analyze subpart F income and FTC positions during the quarter estimates and year-end tax
- Review the financial statements of foreign subsidiaries
- Manage the foreign subsidiaries as well as US income tax compliance requirements as they relate to foreign operations including computation of subpart F income, earnings & profits, foreign tax credit, tax reform provisions and all related forms, disclosures and schedules.
- Research complex tax issues and prepare technical documentation
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation
- Support business partners with foreign withholding tax and indirect tax issues
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline.
- Masters in Taxation or J.D. preferred.
- 5+ years of directly-related experience
- CPA is preferred
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication, project management and organization skills required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Back to top