Integrated Marketing & Promotions Manager
Integrated Marketing & Promotions Manager
TripAdvisor is the world's largest online travel site, and our business - TripAdvisor Experiences- is one of the fastest growing key areas not just for TripAdvisor, but across the travel industry. In Experiences, we help travelers create unforgettable memories and make the most of their trips, from champagne brunch on top the Eiffel Tower to cage diving with sharks in Hawaii. TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. You will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
About the role
You will be responsible for managing promotions for two Experiences points of sale (TripAdvisor, Viator) as well as integrated marketing for Viator, with an emphasis on on-site marketing. You will brainstorm campaign concepts and serve as a marketing expert who helps deliver incremental traveler engagement, demand generation, and conversion by driving the strategy, execution, and continuous testing / optimization of how we market Experiences products on site and beyond. You will also be responsible for developing a promotions strategy to strategically incentivize valuable user behaviors. This role requires strong emphasis on creative marketing alongside deep-dive analytics and the ability to thrive in cross-functional environments.
What You Will Do
- Own the strategy, execution, and optimization of Experiences discounts & promotions. Build and test into effective, targeted incentives across dimensions like seasonality, channel, geo, and user segment.
- Partner with Brand, Sales, Ads, Business Development, and other teams to determine the optimal approach to their use cases for discounts / promotions. Support execution as needed.
- Develop and execute on-site marketing strategy to improve discovery and conversion on site (Desktop, Mobile Web, Apps), partnering with Creative teams to create & implement site assets.
- Own ideation, implementation, and execution of marketing campaign and promotional assets on site. Partner with other Marketing channel owners to develop optimal assets & launch integrated promotional / marketing campaigns.
- Lead regular A/B & multivariate testing and run analyses to facilitate rapid testing & iterations for all discounting / promotions and site marketing.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to build the right tools and functionalities to support efficient, intelligent execution, from tracking to workflow automations.
- Articulate and present data analyses and learnings effectively to the team and to key stakeholders.
- Manage comprehensive reporting of all promotions / discounting KPIs & build the right dashboards to track and socialize performance.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on destinations, trends, and all competitive analysis.
What You Will Bring to the Team
- At least 5 years of e-commerce marketing / merchandising experience in a strategic role with an emphasis on demand generation / engagement
- Strong creative and strategic thinking, with the ability to translate data into compelling creative concepts
- Data-driven marketer with proven quantitative and analytical skills; should habitually seek out data to make decisions. Deep experience in Excel (functions, pivots, etc.). Tableau experience a bonus.
- Exceptional project management and organization skills; can operate & deliver to high standards of quality with minimal supervision
- Highly resourceful with creative problem-solving skills that focus on efficient execution while balancing big-picture thinking
- Proactive & independent, always looking for ways to take initiative and improve existing programs/processes
- Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with a variety of teams from Engineering to Design
- Eye for user flow & visual design
- Must exhibit superb verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate insights effectively to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for user experience
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top