Indirect Tax Manager
We are seeking to hire an Indirect Tax Manager who will report to the Senior Director of Tax.
This position is a new role which will support the TripAdvisor tax team by developing processes and advising the TripAdvisor brands on the sales tax impacts of proposed business initiatives. The Indirect Tax Manager will manage indirect tax special projects, which will include internal research and analysis on a variety of complex state and local indirect tax issues in areas of tax law that may be novel and not well defined.
- Perform legal research and analysis on a variety of state and local indirect tax issues and draft memoranda
- Complete internal processing requirements for tax and report payments to various government agencies
- Organize and provide timely replies to sales and use tax notices
- Manage sales and use tax audits
- Monitor, analyze and communicate relevant tax law changes to the tax department
- Partner with business leaders, tax, finance, treasury, legal, and external advisers on various business and tax planning matters
- Assist in the determination of sales and use tax consequences related to domestic acquisitions
- Review legal contracts for sales and use tax language
- Possess ability to quickly learn new areas of law and complex business models
- Be comfortable working in a fast –paced, challenging, tax environment
- Work effectively with outside service providers
- Special Projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting preferred)
- Masters in Taxation preferred
- CPA is preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a corporate tax department, public accounting and /or law firm
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of general state laws and concepts
- Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top