Head of Product (Traveler team)
- London, United Kingdom
Head of Product (Traveler team)
Viator (Part of the Tripadvisor family) provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At Viator, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
The Viator team is seeking an innovative, and passionate Head of Product for the Traveler team to help us define and implement a customer-centric site that will accelerate our growth.
The role will be a champion of achieving outcomes in a transparent, collaborative way - someone who navigates cross-functional complexity and truly believes we can achieve more together than we ever could alone. The product owner will apply e-commerce optimization best practices to optimize our site. You will work with a team of Product Managers and collaborate with our traffic, analytics, design, engineering and machine learning teams through to execution.
What will you do
- Impact our top line by leading cross-functional teams in the idealization, technical development, and launch of smarter merchandising and pricing strategies across Desktop, Mobile Web and Native apps.
- Understand TripAdvisor's Experiences evolving strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry.
- Leverage data to identify and quantify opportunities, using this info to build our short-term and long-term Traveler Product roadmaps.
- Define and implement measurement strategy for thematic success and ensure transparency and alignment on progress at all levels
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Manage, grow and develop a team of Product Managers.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
What makes you a great fit
- 15+ years of experience in e-commerce optimization
- 15+ years of experience managing teams focused on driving results through algorithm development, model optimization and machine learning
- 10+ years of data-driven product optimization using analytical skills such as SQL, Tableau, or similar Business Intelligence tools. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate action plans to support decisions
- Passion for making decisions quickly in order to seize opportunities that lead to team success
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative and tenacity while working independently. Thrives on challenges and is not deterred by difficult situations. Works proactively rather than re-actively.
- Comfortable with and adaptable to change. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
- Familiarity with travel industry and marketplace concepts, practices and procedures
What will help you become successful
You will be passionate about data and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We aim to release products often with constant iteration and reliance on quantitative and qualitative metrics to help define further optimizations and enhancements. You are skilled at translating business needs into product plans that incorporate appropriate internal and external research. Your communication skills allow you to excel at collaborating in a Global team environment, working in several time zones.
Want to see / hear more?
Whats it like to work here
Back to top