Group Product Manager
Group Product Manager
TripAdvisor is seeking a passionate group product manager to lead the growth of the Hotel Booking Platform. As Product Owner, you'll influence the product strategy and roadmap, evaluate third-party API technologies, collaborate with Engineering to produce specifications that evolve the platform’s feature set for both internal and external customers, and work closely with engineering to ensure quality deliverables on-time. Because Instant Booking is about disrupting the “status quo” in the industry, we are looking for smart product leaders who get stuff done.
The GPM will also be key to onboarding supply partners on the TripAdvisor Booking Platform via pre-sales support.
Our users are searching for the best hotel in the right location and at the right price. A successful candidate in this position is delivering products that optimize the marketplace of hotel inventory and pricing made available via our platform APIs, and allow customers around the world to browse and buy hotel room rates that are right for them. This role is managing the ever-growing suite of API connectivity to external partners that supply hotel room rates and content, is responsible for the delivery of localized content and pricing that drives conversion in the user experience, and sees a performant platform infrastructure as the most vital component of a stellar online consumer interface. The GPM also manages the team responsible for the room content curation strategy and its operationalization.
It’s a big opportunity before us. This is not a role for the tentative. We are focused on aggressive growth. The role is for someone who desires to be part of a fast-moving, top-tier team to fundamentally change how the hotel industry distributes rooms online.
What You’ll Do:
- Forecast and analysis of internal and external data to influence decision-making at the highest levels of the company.
- Develop requirements, specifications, and enhancements to TripAdvisor’s Booking Platform, which includes Hotel Price, Availability, & Booking APIs, as well as our Room Content Management System.
- Manage an elite team of product management professionals.
- Live in the data, and believe the best way to democratize product decisions is querying the database for insights and building ad-hoc reports.
- Perform extensive research to completely understand how room pricing and content quality matches up against comparable sites across the globe.
- Lead cross-functional teams, serving as product and part project manager, to establish milestones and manage development and QA efforts.
- Provide detailed consultation to internal sales and 3rd party partners to determine integration/interface requirements as needed.
- You’re inquisitive about how the platform works and want to fix mediocre implementations when you see them.
- Builds & maintains up to date industry knowledge of Hotel Supply connectivity technologies
- Automate as much as possible, and develop scalable processes in a high volume environment.
What We Seek:
- 7+ years of comparable Internet product management experience
- 2+ years successfully managing and mentoring a team of product managers as direct reports
- Expertise and comfort in explaining how APIs work to both business and technical audiences
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer-centric communication skills. Ability to communicate to both business and technical personnel. Displays ‘grace under pressure’ ethic at all times, with both customers and peers
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and decision making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate innovative and effective actions plans to resolve issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative and multi-cultural situations
- BS/BA required; MBA a plus
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top