Group Product Manager
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
The TripAdvisor Experiences team is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate Group Product Manager to work on traveler and supplier facing products that deliver a stress-free, effortless experience that makes travelers feel confident and in the know, enabling them to enjoy their trip to the full. The specific focus of this role will be post purchase experience and include areas such as pre trip logistics and communication, booking management and membership services.
You will define product strategy and roadmap, lead a team of product managers across different initiatives and individually contribute to execute key projects. You will translate business needs into product plans that incorporate appropriate research and stakeholder input. To be a successful candidate, you will be passionate about data, able to craft a vision, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
In the Experiences business unit, you will have the opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing area at TripAdvisor, where you will have a lot of ownership and will be contributing directly to TripAdvisor growth and success.
What You'll Do:
- Influence decision-making at the highest levels of the company. You'll create product strategy and roadmaps that identify areas where improvement is needed; and capitalize on unmet opportunities.
- Lead a team of product managers across different initiatives.
- Develop requirements, specifications, and work with engineering to deliver enhancements to our consumer experience.
- Define success metrics for new projects and track them on a regular basis to ensure that all projects and existing functionality are moving towards our defined goals.
- Perform research to understand how our product offering stacks up against our direct competitors.
- Automate as much as possible, and develop scalable processes in a high volume environment.
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of consumer-facing internet product management experience.
- Direct report management. 2+ years of successfully managing and mentoring a team of product managers as direct reports.
- Creativity and curiosity. A creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about our business and product.
- Excellent communication skills. Being able to communicate efficiently both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Project management skills. Someone with responsibility to ensure multiple projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner. Experience with agile methodologies highly preferred.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results drive environment with multiple responsibilities.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.
- A passion for high quality user experience and travel.
Back to top