Global Industry Relations Director
The Global Industry Relations Director will be located in the European Headquarters of TripAdvisor in London, reporting to the Vice President of Global Communications based in New York. This is a strategic global role with the main purpose to lead, manage and develop TripAdvisor’s industry relations globally across key industry associations and organisations. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding and passion for the ever-evolving online travel industry and the opportunities and challenges it can create. This is a travel heavy role, around 60% of the year global travel, through predominantly in Europe.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a senior leader with natural flair and enthusiasm, who can build bridges and relationships throughout the travel industry with a focus on TripAdvisor’s strategic priorities. Experience in dealing with global or regional industry associations and organisations is a strong plus. The ability to recognise the most pertinent issues, overcome objections, showcase strong problem solving skills and to prioritise, are key to the success of this role. Equally important is analytical problem solving and the ability to proactively seek solutions that encapsulate the core values of TripAdvisor, whilst understanding and empathising with the needs of the travel industry.
The ability to prioritise and manage multiple, competing interests with tact and diplomacy is a must. There will be times of high pressure when dealing with adversarial issues where patient and confident approach is vital. We are looking for a strong communicator, natural listener, confident presenter and negotiator. The right candidate will demonstrate self-assurance and confidence when dealing with legal representatives, board members, Presidents, Secretary Generals, CEOs and Tourism Ministers. In addition, be able to manage, collaborate and negotiate with internal stakeholders to help create solutions for the better of the company, though not always the stakeholder’s priority.
We require a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, ideally gained within the online travel industry. Fluent written and spoken English and French with additional European languages a strong preference. In addition, the ideal candidate will need to come armed with a solid network of key industry relationships, have a strong business acumen, solid European understanding and possess a natural flair for networking and gaining allies – whilst having already established themselves as a trusted industry figure.
What will you do:
- Proactively plan and run the Industry Relations efforts globally with a clear understanding and ability to prioritise, with key focus in Italy, France and UK
- Initiate, plan and conduct key stakeholder meetings to address and solve issues with confidence and empathy
- Build strong collaborative relationships with cross-functional internal stakeholders (Legal, PR, Product, Sales etc.)
- Build a thorough knowledge of TripAdvisor’s ethos and policies, and products across the whole TripAdvisor Media Group
- Produce clear and concise communication to the industry partners adhering to TripAdvisor policies and ethos
- Participate in relevant internal product development and other relevant meetings and productively share your industry expertise and recommendations
- Approach industry developments and market news analytically and methodically - have your finger on the pulse at all times and act as the go-to person for industry intelligence and expertise
- Analyse and utilise data and trends available and initiate new relevant research projects
- Initiate and manage logistics of individual industry partnership projects, including identifying and scoping opportunities for custom projects where relevant
- Engage in research, writing and other activities to support industry relations strategy and development
- Identify relevant key events and conferences globally where TripAdvisor presence is vital
- Generate accurate and timely reports on all activity and performance against meaningful KPIs and manage the global Industry Relations budget
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexibility and open to change and new information; adapts behaviour and work methods accordingly with the ability to adjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing client demands. Anticipates and meets the needs of clients; is committed to continuous improvement of services
- Grasps the essence of a fast changing environment and the constant flow of new information; recognises own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behaviour toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies, prioritises and analyses problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information and moves fast with the issue that requires immediate solving
- Ability to balance time to market with a relevant solution and make the right trade-offs and decisions along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organised manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the wider business
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top