Full-Stack Senior Software Developer - Search and Messaging Middleware (Ottawa)
TripAdvisor is the largest travel site in the world. We get millions of unique visitors on a monthly basis. To make that possible and to provide the best possible experience, we rely on great developers. For us, people who own their work, from start to finish, are integral. Our engineers are part of the process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration. You can, and will, touch every level of the code depending on the day and what project you are working on.
The Search and Recommendations team is looking for a full-stack developer to help build the TripAdvisor search experience. Our team builds and maintains scalable platforms that TripAdvisor uses for content search, recommendations, and streaming data across applications.
Be a part of the search engine team, sifting through millions of Points of Interest and hundreds of millions of reviews to find the most relevant information to surface.
What you will do:
- Write performant code serving thousands of search API requests every second.
- Work with product designers to develop and analyze A/B tests to optimize the search experience for our users.
- Develop our backend platforms for high-performance data streaming and recommendations.
- You’ll be responsible for promoting high code quality on your team, and mentor more junior developers.
Qualifications - You have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with full lifecycle development, building, shipping, and supporting software
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- In-depth technical experience with full-stack web application development, api design, and service design
- Experience with big data systems, Elasticsearch, and Kafka are a definite advantage, as is familiarity with search and ranking problems
The team is based in Ottawa, come work in a clean and modern office in the heart of the Byward Market!
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top