Financial Systems Manager (Learn Workday Financials)
- The Financial Systems Manager will report to the Director of Business Systems and will be responsible for managing the key financial systems at TripAdvisor, with a focus on Workday Financials.
- This person will be the key point of contact for the business and will lead the extension and development of financial projects at TripAdvisor.
- He/she will be working with end users to gather business requirements, troubleshoot systems issues, and perform ongoing configuration of the system.
- This resource will also be expected to lead and deliver discrete projects within the systems group, this will sometimes involve managing resources from TripAdvisor and/or outside consultants.
- The role is partially hands on and will largely consist of driving the systems roadmap and working with more junior staff and elements of the business to deliver projects of varying scope.
- Be the key point of contact between the systems team and the users of Workday Financials
- Participate in the managing the vendor relationships with Workday and other key partners
- Shape and drive the roadmap for financial systems at TripAdvisor
- Manage and participate in the configuration and deployment of new modules /functionality in Workday
- Manage initiatives that integrate Workday with other systems
- Evaluate, communicate and coordinate the technical impacts of Workday configuration decisions
- Educate users on the use and features of Workday
- Track issues and risks, communicate status and escalate concerns to management
- Identify opportunities to alter business processes to better dovetail with Workday’s strengths
- Create and maintain custom reporting in the system Mentor junior staff
- B.A. / B.S. required
- 8 to 12 years relevant experience supporting financial systems
- Experience supporting a cloud-based Financial ERP a major plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication capabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
- Deep understanding of accounting terms, policies and practices
- Superior detail orientation, organization, and analytical skills
- Outstanding Excel skills
- Thrive on simultaneously managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic, growing environment with minimal supervision
- Previous experience with a Financial Enterprise ERP: Workday, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft, NetSuite, etc.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner, acknowledges mistakes and learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top