SmarterTravel, a TripAdvisor Company, offers travelers a portfolio of travel sites to help them find the right trip at the right price. We are a team of passionate professionals who push and drive and innovate like a start-up, but we also have a track record of success and we benefit from being a part of a large, public company.
SmarterTravel is looking for a self-starting, detail-oriented Financial Analyst to join a growing Financial, Planning & Analysis team with an initial focus on supporting the operating expense forecasting for several operational business unit. This role requires an independent, proactive and organized candidate who will adapt well in a dynamic environment. In short, we want someone who is curious, thinks differently, can try new angles and overcome obstacles, embraces data in the decisions they make, and who wants to work with the best. Are you the one?
- As the primary finance contact you will build strong business partner relationships with key leaders responsible for designing, building, and maintaining SmarterTravel’s website portfolio
- Leverage these relationships to create and maintain operational expense forecasts on a monthly and annual basis
- Construct detailed financial models utilizing Hyperion Essbase, Workday, and Excel, and be able to communicate outcomes and recommendations effectively
- Work closely with Sales leadership to develop and calculate quarterly and annual sales incentive programs
- Assist FP&A team on reporting actual and forecast variances on a monthly basis to Sr. Management, including the President
- Work closely with the SmarterTravel accounting team to ensure expenses are properly recorded and work with business partners to understand significant variances between forecast and actual results
- As an essential part of the SmarterTravel finance team, you will be expected to be flexible and assist with AdHoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
- 3+ years of experience in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Prior experience with business partner relationship management, particularly with a sales or marketing team or similar operational business unit
- Strong relationship building experience with ability to guide and influence key business unit owners
- Thorough knowledge of Excel and its data and analysis tools
- Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Essbase skills a plus
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills, with a demonstrated passion for using data to drive decision making
- Extremely organized with the ability to contribute to multiple projects within tight time lines
- A team player, able to step in and help out other members of the team when needed
- An inquisitive nature, someone who wants to explore variances and understand the root cause
- An individual who is able to work effectively in a complex, changing environment and to adapt to change while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Strong presentation skills
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment
At SmarterTravel, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think different to us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
SmarterTravel is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or musical preferences. We think a diverse team builds a better product.
*** This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Back to top