Facilities Repair and Maintenance Specialist
As the Facilities Repair and Maintenance Specialist you will oversee back-of-the-house operations at the 280,000 square foot Needham Headquarters facility. This includes loading dock operations, non-base building preventative maintenance and repairs, and cleanliness of the kitchen and fitness facilities. You will report directly to the Senior Regional Office Manager, and additionally take direction from core HQ OfficeX team.
The ideal candidate is friendly and outgoing, relentless about details, rock-solid reliable, and passionate about people. You have deep technical skills and a strong desire to solve problems. You are punctual, reliable, and you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and go above and beyond to get things done. You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the office’s Employee Experience strategy
- Attend weekly 1:1 meetings with the Office Manager and/or HR department
- Receive deliveries and maintain a secure and safe loading dock
- Receive and sort USPS mail
- Conduct quarterly walk-throughs to review all back of the house equipment
- Maintain a Preventative Maintenance program for all Kitchen equipment
- Maintain a Preventative Maintenance program for all Hub equipment
- Maintain a Preventative Maintenance program for Fitness equipment
- Maintain a Preventative Maintenance program for Game Room and Pub equipment
- Conduct daily inspections of internal and external facility to assure order and cleanliness
- Oversee all Health Inspections and follow up on and complete necessary repairs
- Conduct monthly safety audits for all back of the house areas
- Oversee the ad hoc repair and service for office facilities and equipment
- Perform minor repairs and preventive maintenance on pumps and motors. Lubricates and cleans pumps, motors, fans, machinery equipment and operating hardware.
- Handle minor carpentry work including fabrication and installation of shelves, bulletin boards, and install new pieces as needed and replacing ceiling tiles, carpet tiles and cove base.
- Provide technical support to Property Management Staff, Foodservices Staff, and contractors
- Supervise and critique work performance by subcontractors
- Keep accurate records for work performed and equipment serviced
- Reply to and resolve any incoming tickets that are assigned to you within the SLA’s
- Assist Office Experience team with conference room set up and special events
- Ensure that all visiting contractors check in and have proper insurance on file
- Coordinate with the Property Management and Foodservices Management and other departments for feedback on the functionality of machinery and equipment.
- Participate in the health and life safety programs to ensure required drills and training
- Provide general support of all office staff where necessary
- Assist with Mailroom and Reception coverage as needed
- Provide support on special projects as requested
Skills & Experience:
- At least four (4) years of experience as a general or trades maintenance mechanic, or graduation from a recognized trade school and two years of professional experience; preferably in the retail or hospitality industry
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to manage the expectations of contractors, visitors, and employees
- Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several efforts simultaneously
- Savvy with Microsoft office programs and web-based platforms
- Technical knowledge and experience in mechanical and electrical support systems to include power distribution systems, emergency power, HVAC, heat rejection systems, and fire alarm and suppression systems; ideally in a commercial kitchen or hotel environment.
- Ability to use hand and power tools proficiently
- Must be able to read and comprehend construction drawings
Education & Certification:
- 4-year Degree preferred
- CPR/AED certification desired
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be routinely required to:
- Sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch
- Lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Work under deadlines
- Frequently walk around the facility, walk up stairs between building floors
- Observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others
- Quickly learn and apply new information or skills
- The working environment is generally moderate in temperature and noise level
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Back to top