Email Marketing Specialist
SmarterTravel, a TripAdvisor Company, offers travelers a portfolio of travel sites to help them find the right trip at the right price. We are a team of passionate professionals who push and drive and innovate like a start-up, but we also have a track record of success and we benefit from being a part of a large, public company.
We are hiring an Email Marketing Specialist to join this team in Ewing, NJ, near Princeton. This person will join the CRM team to help support our three travel brands. As a key contributor in meeting revenue and traffic goals, this person will support the email marketing team in the full cycle of email production from conceptual planning to design to HTML coding to execution and reporting.
Email Production –
• Coordinate development and delivery of weekly emails for the five business units within the Independent Traveler Enterprise. Deploy emails and monitor any delivery issues
• Work with various departments and business unit stakeholders on sponsor assets and email content. Implement edits based on sponsor or business unit feedback
• Build and rigorously test each email, verifying copy, images, layout, links, and dynamic content. Deploy emails and monitor any delivery issues
• Conduct and analyze regular testing of subject lines, content, layout, segmenting approaches, etc. to improve email performance
• Contribute to the development of our email strategy focusing on revenue, traffic, and promotional campaigns around activation, engagement and retention
Template Creation/Modification –
• Develop email templates, which includes coding emails using HTML and CSS, conducting rendering testing across email clients and mobile devices, as well as some light work on design modification and image creation
• Perform weekly/monthly analysis to measure performance and identify opportunities to improve revenue and customer engagement
• Track key email metrics such as Delivered, Open Rate, CTR, Revenue, and Opt-out Rate by various email types and/or segments, establishing benchmarks for each.
• Work closely with the broader email team to analyze findings (including messaging, creative, deliverability, open rates, click through rates, conversion and revenue), identify trends and recommend a course of action
• BA/BS in Marketing, Business, Web Design and Development or related field; or equivalent experience
• 1-3+ years of CSS/HTML development experience; experience coding for email preferred
• Experience with responsive web design/optimizing for mobile devices preferred
• Experience executing email campaigns through a major email service provider preferred; ExactTarget a plus
• Solid understanding of email platform functionality, data integration/APIs, CAN-SPAM and CASL compliance, and email best practices
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and Word
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders
• Knowledge of marketing techniques and strategies used with customers/constituents
• Ability to manage multiple ad hoc and long-term projects simultaneously
• Ability to think strategically, work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
At SmarterTravel, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think different to us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
SmarterTravel is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or musical preferences. We think a diverse team builds a better product.
*** This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Back to top