SmarterTravel, a TripAdvisor Company, offers travelers a portfolio of travel sites to help them find the right trip at the right price. We are a team of passionate professionals who push and drive and innovate like a start-up, but we also have a track record of success and we benefit from being a part of a large, public company.
Oyster.com (http://www.oyster.com), a hotel research website providing expert reviews and photos, is expanding and we are looking for an editor in New York City to join our team.
Oyster.com, a TripAdvisor company, delivers unbiased, expert information about hotels. Oyster sends trained reviewers to visit, comprehensively photograph, and critique each hotel reviewed on Oyster. Oyster.com has been featured by numerous media outlets, including The Today Show, 20/20, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times.
Who You Are:
- Have three to five years writing and editing experience, for either print or web (web preferred)
- You love all things travel-related!
- Have a demonstrated ability to maintain a publication’s established voice and style
- Able to work out of our New York City office
- Great at working independently
- Able to work with speed and efficiency without sacrificing quality
What You’ll Do
- Master the Oyster voice and style – you’ll learn our detailed training documents inside and out
- Edit hotel reviews for Oyster.com, providing editorial feedback to writers on a regular basis
- Help hire and train new freelance writers
- Generate ideas and create fun, original content for our stories section
- Possibility to get photo trained and occasionally travel for Oyster to review hotels
At SmarterTravel, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think different to us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
SmarterTravel is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or musical preferences. We think a diverse team builds a better product.
*** This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top