Display Sales Manager - DMO
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We are looking for a smart and energetic online advertising sales professional to help grow the company's rapidly expanding CPM/display advertising business. The successful candidate must be aggressive, creative, resourceful, and enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The position requires outstanding sales, communication and organizational skills. The candidate should possess a gift for developing and maintaining relationships, and an exceptional understanding of digital media. S/he will be responsible for hitting monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
The successful candidate will be working remotely in the Greater Miami or Greater Chicago Area.
What We Seek:
- 5 years+ experience selling online advertising with responsibility for an annual quota of at least $1.5 million
- Recent and successful track record of sales to the Travel Industry is a plus and experience with destination marketing organizations particularly ideal.
- Experience working successfully and energetically on the phone, in groups, as well as with meeting clients in-person.
- Experience bundling different types of advertising products (e.g. CPM media, sponsorships, text links, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and sell strategically
- Track record of developing long-term relationships with (and commitments from) clients and agencies
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent online, written and verbal communications skills
- Must be positive, persistent and professional
- College degree required
- Successful candidate must enjoy problem-solving and be unafraid of technical solutions.
- Teamwork skills essential; sense of humor required; overdeveloped sales egos must be checked at the door.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top