Director, Sales Operations Hotel Solutions
Why this Job is Excellent:
In this newly created role, we are looking for a highly motivated leader to run the sales operations essential to the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. The individual will work with the Insides Sales organization regarding territory planning, quota setting and management, sales forecast process optimization, compensation design and administration.
The Director, Sales Operations will be detail-oriented but will also thrive in a high energy work environment. S/he will work directly with the sales teams (Sales Management, Business Development, Optimization, Continuity, Sales Enablement, and Analytics) to ensure best practices in sales execution.
This role will combine excellent sales and operations skills, as well as good relationship building skills. S/he will have a strong background in operations, project management, and Inside Sales with a track-record of success.
- Works with Insights & Analytics to identify sales target opportunity
- Perform proactive territory analysis to identify issues and provide solid recommendations for improvements, having a direct impact on sales performance
- Creates equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated across all sales channels and resources
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes
- Proactively monitors sales forecasts and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organizations planning efforts
- Monitors pipeline coverage against sales targets, highlighting risks and gaps
- Provides input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs
- Collaborates cross-functionally with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources regarding sales incentives and commission payouts
- Collaborates with Regional Directors to create SPIFFs in support of new launches, programs, and priorities for growth
- Manages and administers all contracts, including but not limited to: discounts, refunds, cancellation policies, terms & conditions, etc.
- Works with accounting, finance, etc. to ensure corporate sales compliance
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10 years of sales operations/sales experience
- Ability to take high level sales strategies, translate to operational requirements, and ensure local execution
- Previous experience with Salesforce.com
- Technological skills to manage disparate systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on approach and demonstrated ability to multi-task and think creatively
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Willing to travel when needed
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people.
- Works well in a matrix environment
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top