Director, Revenue Forecasting
Reporting to the Senior Director of FP&A, this Director, Revenue Forecasting position is a critical part of an analytics team responsible for the construction and delivery of accurate, high-quality financial information to Finance team members, senior leaders and TripAdvisor’s Executive Team. In addition, the Revenue Forecasting role will have responsibilities focused on building data models in Excel and/or SQL, delivering both existing and new financial analyses as well as preparing and delivering C-level presentations. The position requires ability to form strong relationships with all levels across the organization to support shared analyses, best practices and help guide TripAdvisor to success
- Annual plan, monthly forecast and weekly analysis of the TA CPC Auction revenue by traffic source (SEM, SEO, Domain Direct, Other), point-of-sale, IP country, region, customer and traffic type (desktop, mobile and tablet)
- Drive value add business intelligence through tracking, measuring and analysis of key KPI’s in the CPC auction.
- Present findings to internal stakeholders at executive leadership meetings
- Consolidate and analyze large data sets from various data sources including our analytics tools as well as performance marketing channels
- Enhance current revenue models by increasing data integration, automation, and data science
- Master the story behind the numbers, become our subject matter expert on auction revenue.
- Form strong working relationships with technical, financial, product and sales employees
- As an essential part of the TripAdvisor FP&A team you will be expected to be flexible and assist with Adhoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required.
- MBA from a top program is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in finance, business/revenue analysis, or database marketing, ideally in a high volume/low margin internet company
- Extensive experience with Business Partner relationship management
- Strong relationship-building experience with ability to drive change, guide and influence key business unit owners
- Experience working with large data sets
- Thorough knowledge of Excel and SQL with their data and analysis tools
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence software required (Tableau experience is a plus)
- Experience with PPC/SEO/SEM
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills, with a demonstrated passion for using data to drive decision-making
- Extremely organized with the ability to drive and contribute to multiple projects within tight deadlines
- A team player who is able to step in and help out other members of the team when needed
- High intellectual curiosity; someone who wants to explore trends and variances and understand the root cause
- An individual who is able to work effectively in a complex, changing environment and to adapt to change while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Ability to clearly explain technical and analytical information (verbally, written & in presentation format)
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top