Director of Product, Revenue Optimization
The Hotels Revenue Optimization team at TripAdvisor is a cross functional group focused on driving revenue within the Hotels business unit. On a quarterly basis, this group runs hundreds of tests aimed at maximizing the value we get from hotel shoppers by designing more compelling offer presentations, more efficient sort algorithms, smarter auction logic and more streamlined checkout processes. Our traffic levels (300MM+ users per month) mean we can detect tiny changes in user behavior with confidence - and very small wins translate to millions of dollars in revenue for the business.
We are seeking a passionate product leader to drive our Hotel Sorting and Merchandising initiative. The Director of Product, Revenue Optimization will proactively define and execute on a strategic roadmap that delivers tens of millions of dollars in annual revenue to the Hotels business unit. The role will be a champion of achieving outcomes in a transparent, collaborative way - someone who navigates cross-functional complexity and truly believes we can achieve more together than we ever could alone. This product owner will apply a deep knowledge of personalization, machine learning and model optimization in leading a team of Product Managers, Engineers and Data Scientists down the road you have put in place.
The optimization engine that you shape and build will play a pivotal role in growing TripAdvisor from a place that not only has the best reviews and community, but also is the industry leader in Hotel Booking. In accomplishing this goal, you will have played a pivotal role in evolving our core value proposition while significantly accelerating annual revenue growth.
TripAdvisor Hotels Product Managers work with teams of talented and passionate engineers, user researchers, and designers to build products that help users find and book the perfect hotel for their trip. We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial Product Managers to help innovate and execute product initiatives across the company, and want to be part of a top-tier team to fundamentally change how shoppers find and book hotel rooms online. This position is full time and based at our worldwide headquarters in Needham, MA
- Make a sizable impact on the top line by leading cross-functional teams in the ideation, technical development, and launch of smarter algorithms across iOS and Android, Tablet, and Desktop
- Define and implement measurement strategy for thematic success and ensure transparency and alignment on progress at all levels
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Manage, grow and develop a team of Product Managers
- Understand TripAdvisor’s evolving strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- 10+ years of experience in e-commerce optimization
- 10+ years of experience managing teams focused on driving results through algorithm development, model optimization and machine learning
- 10+ years of data-driven product optimization using analytical skills such as SQL, Tableau, or similar Business Intelligence tools. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate action plans to support decisions
- Passion for making decisions quickly in order to seize opportunities that lead to team success
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative and tenacity while working independently. Thrives on challenges and is not deterred by difficult situations. Works proactively rather than reactively
- Comfortable with and adaptable to change. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top