Director of Product
TripAdvisor is seeking a Product Director to lead a team working in multiple areas of our Supplier-focused operations.
As Product Director, you'll build an understanding of our supplier base (vacation rental homeowners and property managers), the various tools (internal and external) and features we need to provide in order to allow them to use TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals to run their home rental businesses. Areas of coverage include supplier content quality (photos, rates, property descriptions, etc), supplier acquisition strategy, trust and safety / fraud initiatives, analyzing customer service demand and using that data to further drive overall product roadmaps, and our internal finance operations with regards to customer billing and overall financial reporting.
This product director will be a key spokesperson in evangelizing the needs and priorities of our supply-based customers internally within TripAdvisor, as well as in identifying the product solutions that will help these homeowners and property managers make their businesses more successful. We are looking for a hands-on product leader who can effectively manage a team, help define and drive the roadmap, and work on specific product initiatives when necessary.
A successful candidate will be passionate about data, thrive in a fast-moving environment, and have the ability to collaborate across teams but also drive the rapid decision-making necessary to move and iteration quickly.
What You’ll Do:
- Forecast and analysis of internal and external data to influence decision-making within TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals.
- Manage a team of product management professionals working across various areas of Supplier Operations.
- Develop requirements, specifications, and enhancements to TripAdvisor’s existing internal and external tools that service these suppliers.
- Build and maintain up to date industry knowledge, performing extensive research to completely understand how our product offering stacks up against competitors and to what level our customers are satisfied with the tools we offer.
- Consistently use data to help inform product decisions and communicate priorities to the entire team.
- Excellent program management capabilities. Must be able to manage multiple work streams simultaneously, being executed by different product managers in potentially different offices.
- Work closely with other members of the TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals leadership team – engineering, analytics, customer service, marketing, and finance.
- Be keen to automating internal processes as much as possible, and develop scalable processes in a high volume environment.
What We Seek:
- 8+ years of comparable Internet product management experience
- 4+ years successfully managing and mentoring a team of product managers as direct reports
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer-centric communication skills. Ability to communicate to both business and technical personnel. Displays ‘grace under pressure’ ethic at all times, with both customers and peers
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and decision making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate innovative and effective actions plans to resolve issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative and multi-cultural situations
- BS/BA required; MBA a plus
Back to top