Director, HRIS (Workday)
The Director, HRIS will report to the Director of Business Systems and will be part of a group that supports many of the HR and Financial systems of TripAdvisor.
- Director, HRIS is responsible for enhancing and driving the efficiency and effectiveness of Workday and all other supporting HRIS Systems in support of HR initiatives, as well as how these HRIS systems interface with other third party systems/solutions.
- He/she will be responsible for managing the overall relationship with the leadership of HR in relation to designing system solutions, prioritizing initiatives, and assigning and managing resources from TripAdvisor and/or outside consultants.
- Ensuring that initiatives are delivered on time and with a high degree of quality is a critical part of the role.
- While this role manages a team, it is also a very hands-on/working manager role.
- He/she will be working with end users to gather business requirements, troubleshoot systems issues, and perform ongoing configuration of the Workday system.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Partner with appropriate stakeholders both internal and external to HR to assess and define business requirements and subsequently manage implementation and on-going maintenance
- Partner with senior leadership and other stakeholders to ensure that all business system needs are implemented and supported
- Ensure that all emerging requirements are captured and architected in compliance with HR laws and system capabilities, and in support of all business goals
- Lead large-scale initiatives to further enhance and develop Workday capabilities
- Administer core HCM as well as the security model and other core functions of Workday
- Partners with senior business owners in their respective areas; manages expectations and influences management strategy, provides project execution and scope decision
- Leads a team of HRIS Analysts in support and development of Workday and on-going initiatives
- Builds strong relationships with HR and I.T., and serves as the Workday representative
- Proactively drives process optimization and self service capability within Workday
- Drives effective governance as well as post production support model
- Supports the organizational strategic objectives, leveraging system functionality wherever possible to ease administrative burden and build efficient and effective processes
- Drives continuous improvement and functionality within system capability, monitoring and recommending Workday updates that improve HR process and improve self-service functionality
- Oversee the development and maintenance of strong process controls including but not limited to data maintenance strategy, data validation, and data integrity controls
- Serve as resident expert on Workday capabilities and functionality
- Manage and ensure seamless integrations
- Manage core Human Resources systems while identifying opportunities to improve the platforms for reliability, productivity, system quality satisfaction among stakeholders
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned Proprietary and Confidential
Required Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of total experience in HRIS and Workday/HR Service Delivery
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute of higher learning in computer science, information technology, human resources, or related field
- Demonstrated people management experience
- Knowledge of human resource information systems and practices, database elements, relational databases, and query concepts/report writing skills
- Proficiency or knowledge of Workday Core HCM with knowledge of additional modules such as Recruitment, Benefits, Compensation, Talent Management and/or Performance Management beneficial
- Prior HRIS conversion experience to include scoping, planning, resourcing, implementation management, and adoption for a large enterprise;
- Experience managing multi-faceted projects that will include managing resources within and outside own area; must be an influential and effective project manager
- Ability to accurately interpret a variety of procedures and policies under limited supervision
- Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several complex projects simultaneously while meeting strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle issues involving sensitivity, confidentiality and legal exposure and process confidential information with the utmost judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation; ability to balance urgency and decisiveness with patience and compassion.
- Excellent communication and organization skills and ability to work and interact effectively with internal and external departments, vendors, and state agencies
Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Back to top