Director Customer Care
Director of Customer Care
The Director of Customer Care position is a key position overseeing the global contact center email and phone customer care operations.
Specific duties include:
- Oversee and manage day to day Contact Center email and phone customer care operations and design processes to scale globally and rapidly.
- Take the lead on collaborating with business partners companywide to identify and prioritize key customer care improvement opportunities as well as implement and analyze progress.
- Develop, implement and track key performance measures, including client satisfaction and performance standards.
- Assist in the development of customer care response templates and strategies.
- Responsible for the assessment, development and implementation of systems to support customer care functions.
- Develop and monitor appropriate metrics to measure customer success on a regular basis.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven knowledgeable experience in elevating the customer experience and clear understanding of how to proactively achieve key objective within the role.
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience in an email and phone contact center environment.
- Proven results in developing and executing a corporate-level customer experience improvement strategy. Must have directly led and delivered measurable improvement programs over a multi-year period.
- Strong understanding of process improvement methodoliges and tools and the ability to apply and adapt them to different business situations especially the ability to work back from quantitative voice of the customer.
- Thorough understanding of change management principles
- Demonstrate ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and perform effectively under pressure.
Key Competencies for this role
- Strategic thinking. Assume key responsibility for developing a plan that identifies key aspects of the customer experience.
- Customer focus. Listens to customer feedback and advocates for solutions that help customers achieve and exceed their goals and objectives.
- Change agent. Strong track record of successfully changing the culture and focus of an organization, including but not limited to customer and channel behavior.
- Driving results. Translates the vision/mission of the organization into actionable, quantitative plans. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Holds people accountable for agreed to results. Identifies and keeps others focused others focused on the most important metrics that drive the business.
- Building teams. Strong supporter of working with peers and other company advocates insuring that buy in and change occurs. Values continuous improvement and sees training and education as a key component of employee development of success.
Back to top