Director, CRM: Member Engagement and Growth
- Needham, MA
At Tripadvisor, we believe there's good out there. We understand that travel brings out the best in us, while lifting deserving businesses and strengthening the communities we meet along the way. We know that as the world's largest travel site, we're here to inspire and empower people to explore our world with confidence - and share their trip experiences with others. And every day, we see our ideas come to life in work that enables travelers to discover all the good the world has to offer. As part of the Tripadvisor team, you'll have the opportunity to do the same.
In 2020, we will deliver billions of communications across every channel that inspire and help people travel better.
About the role:
Tripadvisor seeks an experienced and passionate Director of CRM, Member Engagement and Growth to develop strategic communication plans for our members across channels and key touch points, including email, push notifications, SMS, on-site, etc. You will transform our current email and push strategies, guiding hundreds of millions of members through their traveler journey, and engaging them with useful and personalized content that cements Tripadvisor as their trusted travel partner. You will develop a new content and contact strategy based on user signals, data, and traveler needs, and leverage infrastructure that you help create to accelerate us to that goal.
You will serve as a subject matter expert on omni-channel communication, with an orientation around member experience and measurable engagement that drives short and long-term business results.
This is an entrepreneurial role, with an opportunity to outline new practices and communication strategies, evolve our omnichannel infrastructure, and transform how we connect with hundreds of millions of members globally.
- Partner to develop the re-thinking and re-defining our overall communication for our members
- Develop omni-channel strategies [e.g., email and push channels] for distinct member customer segments
- Work with team to develop new CRM strategies and campaigns, while using advanced analytics and AI to optimize existing campaigns
- Collaborate with Engineering, Analytics, Brand Marketing and Product partners to ensure that communications are sent at the right time, with the right message, across the right channel based on signals, data, and user needs
- Partner with business units to deliver performance/commerce oriented KPIs without sacrificing the needs of our members
- Translate business goals into accurate delivery and infrastructure requirements, including but not limited to: specifying required data, segmentation & targeting logic, and dynamic content requirements
- Partner with data science to build world-class models to drive personalized communications and actions
- Serve as a critical Subject Matter Expert on CRM/Messaging best practices, engagement strategies, and forward-looking opportunities that deliver useful information and content when and how our users want to be communicated to
- Initiate and conduct in-depth CRM performance and user data analyses that will directly impact strategy and the program roadmap
- Articulate and present data analyses and insights effectively to the team and to key stakeholders
- Core KPIs for role are: member revenue growth, member engagement, channel health and engagement, and user satisfaction metrics
- Develop and expand the team to build a high performing, world-class CRM program
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 10+ years' experience in relevant ecommerce and content email marketing experience, with strong experience in user engagement, loyalty, lifecycle and ecommerce conversion via CRM [email, push]
- Demonstrated experience growing and executing on a brand and customer strategy
- Have experience in rethinking, evolving, building new CRM strategies for a business with compelling business results
- Brings best practices and innovative ideas to team to level-up engagement, lifecycle, and commerce conversion via email.
- Results-driven marketer with exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience partnering with data science and analytics teams to develop best-in-class models and diagnostics that drive performance improvement
- Creative problem-solving skills with focus on efficient execution while balancing big-picture thinking
- Exceptional project management and organization skills, with a keen eye for detail, requiring minimal supervision
- Lean-in, proactive & independent, always looking for ways to take initiative and improve existing programs/processes
- Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with a variety of teams from Engineering to Design
- Must exhibit superb verbal and written communication skills with a high degree of comfort interpreting results and communicating insights effectively
- Passion for CRM and user engagement
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
Back to top