Digital Business Analyst
Viator is looking for a talented and experienced Digital Business Analyst to join our growing Engineering team in Sydney. The ideal candidate will have formal training yet a willingness to work within a practical and flexible agile methodology. Reports to the Director of Business Analysis and works closely with stakeholders in product, sales and operations teams. Working on a wide range of projects across the business, the candidate will help ensure these areas are performing at a high level for the business, customers and suppliers, while being robust, resilient, and compliant.
- Understand and clarify the business drivers behind new projects and identify measurable project objectives.
- Understand the complexity and limitations of existing business processes, systems and data models (e.g., customer service flows, product structures, booking and payment flows, APIs)
- Accurately gather detailed requirements from stakeholders for approval and review by the business owenrs, product managers, and agile development teams. Output varying from user stories, business processes, data mapping, and functional descriptions and flows.
- Lead and manage cross-functional projects in their early stages, handing over when well enough defined for a single team to manage.
- Work closely with a Salesforce Administrator and business experts to improve and leverage how Salesforce is used across out operations.
- Assist with documenting and validating solutions against requirements prior to development.
- Identify and propose ideas to streamline and improve processes.
Key knowledge / skills / experience
- 4+ years of business analysis experience, preferably at an e-commerce company, working on a wide range of systems and processes.
- Experience working in multi-channel, complex business environments
- Experience with new system or process development as well as enhancements to existing processes and systems
- Experience of projects that affect multiple business areas
- Experience of exploring complex data to help define a problem, or assist a decision
- Knowledge and experience of Salesforce in either Sales or Service highly desirable
- Skilled in communicating with appropriate levels of detail to different audiences (both verbal and written)
- Proven ability to facilitate discussions in person as well as via conference calls
- Experience of working with User Experience and Design teams is desirable
- Experience of working with agile development teams is desirable.
- Formal Business Analysis training is desirable
- Ability to understand technical frameworks
Back to top