Data Warehouse Engineer, Vacation Rentals
Vacation Rentals is a separate business unit with TripAdvisor. We are focused on creating products to help both travelers and owners navigate the increasingly popular Vacation Rental market. The VR Warehouse team is constantly looking for new ways to mine and surface the information in our data to help improve these products. We are looking for someone to help us define and build advanced reporting systems.
As a Data Software Engineer you will be involved in all phases of data warehousing from inception to implementation. We currently use the full Microsoft SQL Server BI stack, a ~3PB hadoop/hive cluster, and Java and Oozie for our ETL processes.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with internal and external clients to understand business requirements
- Design and implement parts of the data warehouse data model
- Design and implement ETL flows for the data
- Design, implement and deliver reports based on business requirements
- Understand source of our data and how it relates to our business model.
- Prototype new ways to mine and display data.
- QA any work done by self and other team members
- Troubleshoot and support all BI related production processing
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO Design with rock-solid programming skills
- Experience with SQL and Relational Databases (MS SQL Server, mysql, and/or postgres)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and issue resolution
- A problem-solving mindset; the individual should be highly motivated and self-directed
- Experience with Apache Hadoop/Hive integration is also a big plus.
- Startup experience is definitely a plus
Back to top