TripAdvisor is looking for a data scientist to join a growing team within its Attractions and Rentals division. As a Data Scientist, you will process massive amounts of user data and build advanced machine learning models to solve a variety of complex business problems, such as recommender systems, fraud-detection, text/image processing, online advertisement, and ranking algorithms. You will deploy your solutions online and be able to observe the impact of your work in real time as you help the company grow.
We are looking for someone who is a fast learner, independent, and curious, who is passionate about data science and machine learning. You will be working in a diverse environment where you’ll collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, analysts, software engineers, and product managers. You’ll be encouraged to take ownership of your projects and to find new opportunities and problems where machine learning could be applied to improve the business.
- Process massive amounts of structured and unstructured data using Spark/SQL/Hive.
- Build advanced supervised and unsupervised machine learning models (e.g., auto-encoders, recurrent/convolutional networks, XGBoost, etc.)
- Research new machine learning solutions to complex business problems
- Write production code in Python
- Carry out A/B test experiments
- Communicate findings to non-technical audience
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field (PhD preferred).
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in Python for numerical/statistical programming (including Numpy, Pandas, and Scikit-learn)
- Experience training deep neural networks
- Experience with natural language processing
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- 1 year of industry experience
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top