Viator, a TripAdvisor company, is the world's leading resource for researching and booking tours, attractions and travel activities in more than 800 destinations spanning 150+ countries.
Your job is to make finding insights a snap for everyone at Viator by making sure our data infrastructure is reliable, fast and secure. You live and breathe SQL, Python, ETL’s, Google BigQuery, and data.
Working in our awesome new Sydney office, you will join our Data Engineering team.
You'll be responsible for designing and building the APIs and ETL that power decision making across all of Viator. You understand databases, data warehousing, APIs, cloud data warehousing, and Python and you know how to write the code to make those things a reality.
More about you
- You are comfortable with the nuts and bolts of both data engineering and data science
- You care about performance, reliability and documentation. You hate inconsistency in all its forms.
- You're open and ready to talk to people throughout the company to understand what they need and how we'll build it.
- You're ready to drop what you're doing and help a team member test their code or investigate something.
- When things aren't working, you speak up whether it’s to a teammate, a manager, or anyone else at Viator. We don't hide things that don't work, we fix them.
You don't see blockers, you see opportunities. You have a good sense of humor and can see yourself working with developers to make Viator's data dreams a reality.
- 5+ years of experience delivering integration code in a production environment.
- 5+ years of experience working with large volumes of data
- Experience in converting business requirements into technical requirements
- Ability to bridge the gap between current and future operational states
- Strong programming skills (we use bash, Python, SQL, Google BigQuery predominantly)
- Strong data design skills with one or more of MS-SQL, PostgresSQL, MySQL
- Bachelors in engineering, mathematics, computer science or equivalent experience
More about the team
The data engineering team is responsible for managing the flow of information across Viator. We maintain Viator's enterprise data warehouse as well as internal data APIs.
As the company grows, ensuring data flows reliably and accurately to business units and systems around the world is a huge and exciting challenge.
More about Viator
From London to Sydney, Las Vegas and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in an autonomous yet collaborative environment.
Back to top