Customer Support Specialist (Danish, Swedish and Norwegian)
Why this role is exciting:
Are you a fan of TripAdvisor and passionate about travel?
TripAdvisor is looking for a customer-oriented enthusiast to join our European Customer support team for two of the following speaking markets - Danish and/or Swedish and/or Norwegian.
What you will do:
- Deal directly with owners/ by phone and email for Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and English-speaking markets
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Handle and resolve customer complaints within a 1-2 business-day turnaround
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and complaints
- Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated manager or director
- Keep accurate records of customer inquiries, interactions, and details of actions taken
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Follow up on customer interactions
- Troubleshoot technical problems and escalate bug reports to management
What you will bring to the team:
- Excellent editorial judgment and command of Danish and/or Swedish and/or Norwegian and the English language
- Customer service experience is essential
- Good understanding of TripAdvisor
- Patience and understanding when speaking with both Owners and Members
- Sense of discretion around confidential information
- Strong time management/prioritization skills and multi-tasking ability
- Ability to work independently, anticipate problems and suggest solutions
- Able to handle difficult conversations with patience. Resilient and not afraid of saying 'no'
- Able to maintain knowledge in an ever changing environment
- Experience with relevant applications, including but not limited to:
- Web-based content management Systems
- CRM/Customer Support Tools
- Word Processing/Spreadsheet Applications (Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Social Media Applications (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Ability to type 50-60 words a minute.
- Personal experience with the TripAdvisor site, including the submission of reviews and participation in Forums
- Hospitality industry and/or Online Travel Agencies background would be an advantage
- Hands-on experience with user-generated content (either personally or professionally)
- Willingness to work shifts pattern essential
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top