Why this job is excellent:
TripAdvisor Rentals is a fascinating and ever-evolving part of the organisation. Rentals are a significant revenue generator and key growth area not just for TripAdvisor, but for the entire travel industry. It’s a category that’s rapidly gaining popularity; around two-thirds of travellers plan to stay in a rental this year, up from 50% two years ago. Our job is to ensure that we fulfil this demand and, ultimately, help people all over the world take amazing vacations, whether they’re staying in a studio in Sydney, a treehouse in Costa Rica, or a cottage in the Cotswolds
From attention-grabbing copy that informs people about our brand, to seamless CRM that keeps them there, we have an exciting opportunity for a CRM Copywriter. Working for a pioneering digital organisation, you’ll play an integral part in shaping its future success. It’ll be your job to fly the flag for CRM copy, working with an international team to uphold and improve our tone of voice in every communication. As well as writing high-quality copy, you’ll collaborate with our Designers and CRM Managers on a wide range of projects including business-critical transactional emails, educational help content, engaging newsletters and more.
What you'll get:
You’ll be surrounded by a leading team of digital experts who will support your development within a fast-paced business environment. Working alongside seasoned CRM professionals and designers, you’ll report to the Senior CRM Manager.
Your work will drive engagement, traffic and ultimately more bookings. Solving communication challenges within a fast-paced environment is a key part of this role. You’ll be part of the CRM team, but will work also work with marketing, customer service and product teams on a regular basis.
Your writing will be action-oriented and you’ll be skilled at transforming complex messages into concise, direct communications. The ideal candidate thrives in an environment where good ideas come from all employees.
What you'll do:
- Writing CRM copy including (but not limited to): newsletter copy, transactional emails, acquisition programmes, and educational content for our two key audiences: travellers and vacation rental owners.
- Working with designers to create attention-grabbing concepts.
- Representing our tone of voice in every CRM communication, working with an international team of copywriters to uphold and improve the way we speak to our users.
- Adding value to copy briefs to ensure your words always shine.
- Presenting copywriting updates to the CRM team by being not only reactive, but proactive.
- Collaborating with teams across the business to create user experiences that make conversion simple, even when the feature is complex.
- Focusing on user experience at all times, initiating ongoing projects to improve messaging at every point of the user journey.
- Delivering copy that serves all of our international audiences and is in line with our tone of voice – clear, concise and jargon-free.
What we need from you:
- An illustrious track record working with Copy and Content, ideally within a high energy e-commerce environment.
- Confidence, commitment and the ability to work calmly under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail with a clear, methodological approach to problem solving.
- An advocate for our users, who can maintain an overall standard as well as having an eagle-eye for detail.
- A keen familiarity with online marketing trends, and an appetite to learn.
- Hands-on experience in creating high-performing copy -- such as subject line and CTA copy -- that converts.
- Positive, people-oriented, curious and enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top