Role: Content Manager
The Content Quality Manager is a new position based in Las Vegas within our global business operations team reporting to the Director of Supplier Support and Product Quality.
This key role will work closely with the Content Operations Manager to develop short and long-term strategies to optimize tour and activity content on Viator and TripAdvisor to exceed traveler expectations and ensure supplier success.
This will include building and managing a team of content quality associates who will write and edit copy for new tours and activities added by suppliers, as well as rewrite copy for existing tours and activities that do not adhere to Viator’s style guidelines. The ideal candidate will be able to motivate writers to produce quality copy in a fast-paced environment.
The Content Quality Manager will also be responsible for establishing quality assurance processes to check the accuracy and completeness of tour and activity content and recommending policy changes and enhancements to the supplier interface based on internal and external feedback.
- Hiring and managing team of both in-house writers and freelancers
- Overseeing the writing of clear, comprehensive descriptions that highlight the value of the products featured on Viator and partner sites
- Acquiring expert-level knowledge of company and product-level messaging
- Conducting quality checks to ensure quality compliance within supplier support team
- Reporting regularly to cross-functional teams on progress and trends
- Influencing and guiding new policies and amend existing policies to improve operations as needed
Qualifications & Experience
- BA in Journalism, English or related field required
- 2 years of experience in managing content for a website
- 4 years of experience in copywriting and/or editing
- Understanding of SEO/SEM concepts a must; hands-on SEO experience a plus
- Unsurpassed organizational and time-management skills
- Project management-oriented approach to content including: project requirement definition, scoping, planning, team resource allocation and management, and delivery to time, scope, quality and budget
Back to top