The Complaints Manager has global responsibility for the investigation, resolution and reporting of all customer related complaints within TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals. Managing teams in both Boston and Oxford to drive a focused, effective and prompt resolution for the customer: whilst ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations / legislation.
The role is also globally responsible for the holiday cancellation process, and agents dedicated to this campaign.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the customer experience reduce complaint ratio and minimise losses to the business - Developing and implementing action plans around these
- Identifying process, systems, or organisational opportunities to streamline the end-to-end customer journeys.
- Auditing of processes to ensure currency and accuracy in line with department standards
- Analyse multiple customer listening posts (Net Promoter surveys, Complaint Tracking, Call listening, Operational metrics)
- Partner with the legal and PR teams to assess and strengthen process controls and regulatory adherence
- Provide real-time support to customer operations; ensure timely resolution of agent questions, issues impacting customer experience, and customer escalations, as needed.
- Ensure SLA’s on responding to complaints and escalations are reached.
- Report risk events and ensure Corrective Action Plans are raised as necessary
- Partner with operations management and new product teams to successfully introduce new products and processes to our customer and global base
- Work closely with outsourcing partners and our vendor manager to help improve the quality of their service delivery – tracking non-adherence / escalations, analysing root cause and taking correction action where necessary
- To monitor all potential claims ensuring minimal financial impact to the and provide financial reporting back to management on the cost of resolution
- Oversee the cancellation / rehousing process and internal team – providing full management and reporting on this business area
- Produce monthly reporting of the above to senior management level
- Team Management of the internal Customer Relations Department and Cancellation / Rehousing team
- Assist generally in the running of the TAVR Customer Operations department helping to ensure adherence to service levels at all times
- Consistently meet and maintain Department standards and goals
- Assist in supervising staff in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Any other duties delegated ad-hoc
Essential skills / Experience
- Fluent in English, with a second European language a distinct advantage
- 2 – 3 years experience within a similar role at management level
- Experience within the call center, hospitality or travel industry would be desirable
- Proven track record of complaint resolution
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to demonstrate a solid track record in driving business improvements
- Must have proven leadership and management skills to include training, coaching, conflict resolution, time and process management
- Experience within the Travel or high-velocity online environment is desirable
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in planning and coordinating activity across multiple stakeholders and locations globally
- Ability to work with and bring groups/departments to consensus
- Ability to identify trends and behaviour from multiple data points
- Experience with managing work flow, processes, and schedules to accomplish goals
- Experience developing a culture of high standards, cohesive teamwork, and customer focus
- Effective oral & written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, able to present with credibility and authority. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of management including both internal and external partners
- Proactive, innovative, able to develop new concepts and to deliver creative solutions
- Responsible, reliable, and accountable. Ethical and able to instil a clear sense of purpose in others
- Able to create documents, metrics and reports using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top