Chief of Staff
TheFork, a TripAdvisor® Company is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe with a network of more than 50,000 restaurants worldwide, more than 18 million monthly visits, 11 millions of opinions The platform operates as "LaFourchette"in France and Switzerland as "ElTenedor" in Spain, as "TheFork" in Italy, Belgium, Portugal, Brazil, Sweden, Denmark and Turkey. It also operates in English as "TheFork.com, as Dimmi in Australia and as IENS in the Netherlands.
TheFork connects restaurants and diners via TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor. Users can easily select a restaurant according to their own criteria (such as the localization, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult their reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online. For restaurants, TheFork provides a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservation management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues, following Yield Management principles of price variability relative to time, a practice used successfully in the travel and hotel industries.
As a Chief of Staff you are the right-hand person of the CEO and your main missions are to improve usage of the CEO's time, improve efficiency of the management teams/company and improve efficiency of the CEO's inbound & outbound communication.
The position is based in Paris with one week a month travel to Needham.
What you will do
- Facilitates the life of the CEO in his interaction with the Executive teams
- Coordination of key meetings and the subsequent follow up:
Whether Management meetings or other key meetings in the company, the COS ensures that the meetings are well prepared & decision support materials shared, that decisions are made & documented and that actions are implemented
- Coordination of CEO's meetings with his direct reports:
When necessary, the COS helps the CEO and his directs to ensure that the meetings are well prepared & decision support materials shared
- Coordination of Business reporting for the CEO office needs:
In coordination with the functional teams the COS ensures an easy and timely access for the CEO to the key reports, also alerting the CEO on risks and opportunities and coordinating deep dives with the relevant stakeholders when necessary.
- Facilitates the life of the CEO in his daily organisation & communication
- Overall management of the CEO´s communication:
The COS will manage with the Executive Assistant (EA) the inbound communication triage, and directly manage or prepare the outbound communication for the CEO.
- Proactive management of the CEO's agenda with the help of the EA:
The COS will ensure that the CEO dedicates his time to strategic matters and as a result proactively proposes internal or external meetings as the COS deems necessary
- Helps the CEO and Exec team on some strategic initiatives
- When required by the CEO, the COS will coordinate certain business strategic initiatives (could be projects, programs or events with no natural home - ex. Management seminars).
- Sounding board to the CEO:
The COS acts as strategic thought partner, person of trust and sounding board. The COS is not a yes person and is comfortable telling the CEO when he/she disagree.
Who you are:
- Master's degree in economics + potentially MBA
- 5-15 years of experience, with tenure in a strategic consulting role, and/or senior FP&A role, and/or Chief of Staff (COS) role and or business management role
- A business consultant with business acumen, crossfunctional perspective & strategic thinking
- An analytical professional who's comfortable with numbers & complex information
- A people person with interpersonal & diplomatic skills, who's able to collaborate with and gains trust from management team members and who has excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A project manager who's structured, well organized & detail & deadline oriented, who stays calm & flexible under time pressure & when changes occur & who solves problems
- Fluent in both French and English
What we offer
- Cool and cosy offices located in the heart of Paris (9e).
- Terrasses and roof top to enjoy the sun for lunch time.
- Fresh fruits delivered everyday.
- Ping-pong, "babyfoot", video games, board games, free massage, afterworks, theatre courses, global seminar
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top