Business Development Manager
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We are looking for highly motivated manager of business development to help grow the TripAdvisor Experiences and Rentals business. The candidate will be commercially minded, data & evidence driven, as well as proactive and capable of developing strong working relationships at all levels.
The role is a great opportunity to work in a fast growing eCommerce business, with a varied range of responsibilities and exposure to senior members of the management team
The core responsibilities of the role will include:
- Developing commercial direction for the Experiences and Rentals businesses; and translating strategy into business plans actionable by the functional teams. Project manage part of the implementation in key projects.
- Own and develop a competitive intelligence competency. Direct the analysis of data, and create actionable competitive insights used by functional teams to: better target marketing, prioritize product enhancements and improve supplier content.
- Work with the corporate development team to find and close global acquisition opportunities for Experiences and Rentals. Develop the case for acquisition with the Experiences and Rentals management team. During an acquisition project, take responsibility for identifying and directing functional input from the wider team including analytics, product management, sales, and other business functions. Own the operational assumptions
- Take responsibility for planning and directing input into team strategy sessions, and into updates for the TripAdvisor board of directors, and TripAdvisor management
This role will report to the Vice President of Business Development, in Experiences and Rentals and work across all brands in the TripAdvisor portfolio (Viator, Bokun, Holiday Lettings, Flipkey and others)
- At least 3 years of professional experience preferably with at least 2 years of strategy or management consulting (or similar)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Capable of solving complex commercial problems using data / evidence
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written - particularly in presentations
- Analytical outlook, with experience in building and critiquing commercial models
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Some exposure to the corporate M&A process preferable
- Able to combine inputs from various sources, evaluate their significance, and recommend an outcome
- Appetite and desire to work in a fast paced, and flexible environment
Back to top