Business Analytics Intern
The Experiences and Rentals team is seeking aBusiness Analytics Internwho has the data skills and experience to support numerous end users from a measurement and reporting perspective. The role is part of a rapidly growing global analytics team and will have exposure to all parts of the Experiences and Rentals businesses. Intern responsibilities will focus primarily on product and e-commerce reporting, with the potential to expand into focusing on other areas of the business.
What You Will Do:
- Maintain automated reporting of current business operating metrics, with a focus on developing the capability to provide actionable revenue impactful insight
- Provide timely insights and analytical support to different internal business stakeholders to support effective business decision-making
- Conduct analysis of changes to the website experience to improve customer engagement and value metrics
- Employ reporting tools to measure customer interaction (such as acquisition of members, engagement metrics, and member and user value) and competitor positioning (such as reach and page impression growth, content feature set, and marketing activities)
- Use clickstream analytics and transactional data to identify sources of traffic and which areas of the site, content and functionality users are engaging in
- Report on key performance indicators and help ensure best practices for measurement and reporting are in place
- Assist with ad hoc queries and provide analytical support to our fast-growing business as it evolves
What You Will Bring To The Team:
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree with a strong focus in statistics, math, analytics, economics, or operations
- Hands on experience with a web analytics tool (Omniture Site Catalyst, Google Analytics, Visual Sciences, etc.)
- Familiarity with Google AdWords or similar online advertising platforms
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with a focus on using deductive reasoning to tackle complex problems
- Ability to work with large dataset and summarize findings in a clear format
- Deliver insights using creativity and pragmatism...get us to the so what? fast
- An independent thinker, prepared to go against the flow
- Proactive approach with hands on / can-do mindset.
- Working ability with big data querying; SQL, Hive, Redshift, etc.
- Confident with learning new tools and technologies
- Proactive not reactive, with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Back to top