Business Analyst, Flights
Business Analyst, Flights
TripAdvisor’s Flights Analytics team is looking for a hands-on analyst and leader with a strong balance of analytical, technical, and business skills coupled with project management competency and the ability to support numerous internal business users. Your efforts will contribute to driving growth and product excellence for one of TripAdvisor’s fastest developing business units.
Your work will be highly visible, and you will collaborate closely with Product, Business Development, Engineering, and Operations teams in our Needham, MA headquarters, NYC, and London offices.
TripAdvisor Flights provides a unique work environment that captures the speed, innovation and hands-on excitement of a start-up, within a thriving, growing and world-class industry brand.
What You'll Do:
- You’ll live in the data. You’re primarily responsible for uncovering opportunities to drive growth in user engagement and revenue through routine analysis of performance metrics.
- You’ll light the way forward. Together with product managers, define data goals for specific revenue growth projects that simultaneously define project success while also resulting in a meaningful business outcome.
- You’ll own and evangelize the dashboards we use to communicate our impact at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Your expertise will recommend the best course of action by performing deep analysis of completed A/B tests that assess impact across a range of metrics.
- You’ll influence decision-making at the highest levels of the company. Together with product owners, create growth models that forecast revenue growth, identifying areas where improvement is needed and identify new supply opportunities.
- You’ll guide the Flights business in our evolution from thinking about revenue as a “per session” metric to a function of the lifetime value of each customer.
- You’ll champion data quality, visualization, and analysis standards and best practices, partnering with product owners and engineers. Provide ongoing data validation and support for our internally maintained data warehouse and analytics platform.
What We Seek:
- Deep expertise with SQL and working with databases is a must. Hive/Hadoop experience a plus.
- Deep experience with Tableau (or similar Business Intelligence tools).
- Experience with Excel and pivot tables.
- Experience with Agile Development a plus.
- Passion for driving business decisions using data-driven insights that result in superior growth.
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, entrepreneurship, and tenacity while working independently. You will thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You will work proactively rather than reactively.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst or Commercial Analyst for an online consumer transactional business. Travel industry experience is a plus.
- Hands on experience working with very large data sets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation.
- You will have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. The ability to combine creative use of insight and data with attention to detail, while balancing these details with the larger business objectives.
- You have relentlessly high standards, and are not satisfied with status quo.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly demanding environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team. You will be confident partnering with other departments.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top