Brand Marketing Intern
SmarterTravel, a TripAdvisor Company, offers travelers a portfolio of travel sites to help them find the right trip at the right price. We are a team of passionate professionals who push and drive and innovate like a start-up, but we also have a track record of success and we benefit from being a part of a large, public company.
We are seeking a passionate, driven and enthusiastic college junior, senior or recent graduate to join our Brand Marketing Intern as a full or part-time intern.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support our branding and marketing efforts across our entire portfolio of brands, including Jetsetter, Airfarewatchdog, SmarterTravel.com, BookingBuddy, and Oyster
- Manage day-to-day coordination of marketing and social media partnerships
- Execute email campaigns
- Analyze test results
- Conduct market research and assist with usability testing and focus groups
- Dig into member and subscriber data
- Use your creativity to help us come up with ways to get people to engage more with our sites
As you can see from the list above, we don't do "Can you file this?" internships. We do real, get your hands dirty, learn some serious stuff and make some real impact kind of internships. We're here to hone and develop your marketing, analytics, business, social media, and leadership skills.
This position starts in the fall of 2016 and can be continued throughout the 2016/2017 academic year. We're looking for superstars who want to become more superstar-y. You: brainy and creative, with a love for data and an appreciation for free food. This company: bold, inventive, forward-thinking, and actively looking for new talent.
- Junior, senior, or recent graduate from a top-ranked university with an interest in/focus on marketing or communications
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Borderline obsessive attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Incredibly strong written and verbal communication
- Relevant previous professional work/internship experience
- Previous experience with web-based company/projects a plus
- Solid background in Excel and a love for data (if you have a passion for data but limited experience with Excel, we’re very willing to train)
At SmarterTravel, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think different to us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
SmarterTravel is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or musical preferences. We think a diverse team builds a better product.
*** This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Back to top