Associate Manager, SEO
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel platform, is growing it's world class SEO (Search Engine Optimization) team. We are looking for an Associate SEO Manager to join in either our Needham, MA or New York City, NY locations. This is an exciting opportunity to build out a global SEO program and lead the strategy for our newly launched Rental Cars business. With no shortage of growth opportunities and complex, challenging problems to solve, this is the perfect opportunity to make an immediate impact in a thriving, well-established brand.
We are looking for a fast learner who is not afraid to fail, as testing and retesting is embedded in our culture. Every employee is encouraged to act like an owner - and you will contribute to the entire SEO process from strategy to execution to analysis. We want a rockstar to solve a myriad of SEO issues, test and implement new ideas and strategies, and work cross functionally to execute upon your insights and recommendations. You will draw actionable conclusions from internal and external sources that can be measured and reported on, and you will act as an SEO consultant across the business. .
If you get a thrill from increasing rank on thousands of keywords, working fast, and being at a company where the CEO truly gets SEO, this is the role for you!
Who We're Looking For:
- You are thrilled at the opportunity to work on and scale an SEO channel acquiring millions of users per month across 48 countries.
- You have managed or directly worked on a large scale consumer SEO channel that utilized dynamic landing pages, SEO split testing and data driven link acquisition.
- You make data-driven decisions based on analytics and are comfortable working with large data sets and keywords. You use data to support your decisions, and to seek out trends and identify issues and opportunities. You follow organic traffic past initial landing to down funnel conversions, trends and value to the business .
- You thrive in complex, fast-paced environments that require you to unravel complicated problems and create detailed cross team planning from high-level strategy to execution specs.
- You're tech savvy; advanced excel or access skills required. Exposure to SQL, Hive or other languages is a plus!
- You love diving into the latest SEO trends and sharing best practices. You have a demonstrable track record of impactful SEO business results to back it up!
- BA/BS degree required (economics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering or other quantitative field strongly preferred).
- 3+ years of deep SEO work experience at a global, industry leading website is a must!
What you'll do:
- Take charge of a large growth vertical and manage it independently
- Build and maintain both short and long term roadmaps while following product process-including new page creation and on-page optimizations
- Identify growth opportunities and errors in crucial core areas across millions of pages, keywords, and other data points
- Optimize our internal linking structures to maximize rankings across a major global brand's keyword portfolio
- Perform traffic and conversion analysis across multiple massive global markets to gain critical insight into keyword and landing page performance
- Personally design experiments to test new strategies and growth opportunities
- Analyze those experiment results, and push forward next steps in a fast paced environment
- Research other markets and provide insights to drive product growth strategies
- Write specification documents and communicate broadly to other internal stakeholders for buy-in
- Guide peers through complicated projects with clearly documented plans, all while comfortably managing multiple complex projects of your own
- Identify and analyze competitor techniques, as well as benchmark TripAdvisor's performance against competitors
Back to top