Associate Director - Product Design (UI/UX)
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the effort to evolve TripAdvisor design for a single business unit
- Define and integrate best practices and standards related to UX / IA across TripAdvisor products and features
- Collaborate with product and technology teams to create and develop new business opportunities through thoughtful UX and IA
- Conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Hands-On production of user requirements, storyboards, wireframes, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
- Co-Lead an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Manage digital designer workload and help them set and achieve satisfying career goals
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years in management and overall 10+ years' experience in digital design/user experience
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a high level understanding of user experience (Product/service design/e-commerce vs marketing/brochure websites)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Showcase strong design aesthetic
- A good understanding of UX principles
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Axure
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- A track record of both great collaboration with creative, product teams, marketing partners, and developers, as well as and successfully selling and executing creative ideas
- MUST submit portfolio with multiple examples of print/web design with application (link to online portfolio)
Back to top