Associate Director - Product Design (UI/UX)
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the effort to evolve TripAdvisor design for a single business unit
- Define and integrate best practices and standards related to UX / IA across TripAdvisor products and features
- Collaborate with product and technology teams to create and develop new business opportunities through thoughtful UX and IA
- Conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Hands-On production of user requirements, storyboards, wireframes, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
- Co-Lead an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Manage digital designer workload and help them set and achieve satisfying career goals
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years in management and overall 10+ years' experience in digital design/user experience
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a high level understanding of user experience (Product/service design/e-commerce vs marketing/brochure websites)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Showcase strong design aesthetic
- A good understanding of UX principles
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Axure
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- A track record of both great collaboration with creative, product teams, marketing partners, and developers, as well as and successfully selling and executing creative ideas
- MUST submit portfolio with multiple examples of print/web design with application (link to online portfolio)
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top