Associate Director of Business Development
Associate Director of Business Development, EMEA
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor Experiences, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We are looking for highly motivated Director of business development to help grow TripAdvisor Experiences' distribution partnerships in EMEA. This will involve identifying and evaluating growth markets throughout the region, and forming high potential partnerships with strategic value.
You have a high degree of commercial acumen and take an analytical approach to evaluating markets and opportunities. You possess strong skills in partner relationship development and negotiation, thrive on overcoming obstacles, and are analytically minded when solving problems.
You will report to the Senior Director of Business Development at Tripadvisor Experiences.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Build a detailed understanding of the Experiences third party distribution landscape in Europe
- Execute our EMEA partnerships growth strategy in line with our overall business goals
- Identify, engage, evaluate negotiate and close commercial partnerships that support the long-term growth of the business
- Work closely with other members of the Experiences organization, including product, network affiliates, supply analytics, customer service and finance
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent at initiating, evaluating and forming business relationships with new partners
- Actively seeks evidence and data for answering key questions
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing and organized manner.
Key Skills / Experience
- 6+ years of business development and distribution experience, preferably in ecommerce
- Deep understanding of the online/digital landscape throughout, and prior success in an EMEA business development role
- Experience in high-tech, travel and fast growth business strongly preferred
- Prior success in building and optimizing geographically diverse markets through partnerships
- Confident presenter with excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Target-driven and motivated self-starter with ability to work autonomously
- Ability to think across commercial, product and technical elements of partnerships
- High attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex G.Software Engineer
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top