Associate Creative Director
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Are you excited about designing experiences that are changing the way people travel? Do you love doing work that is inspiring, innovative, and intuitive? Are you ready to help craft experiences that will define the future of booking?
The New Initiatives Group is looking for an Associate Director, Design to join the team and design engaging experiences on our mobile and web platforms as well as manage a dynamic team of designers across different products and travel verticals. We design by putting the user first, understanding who we're designing for and back up decisions with real data.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the effort to evolve design for TripAdvisor's New Initiatives business
- Define and integrate best practices and standards related to UX/UI across products and features
- Collaborate with product and technology teams to create and develop new business opportunities through thoughtful UX
- Conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Hands-On production of user requirements, storyboards, wireframes, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Manage designers workloads and help them set and achieve satisfying career goals
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years in management and 10+ years' experience in digital design/user experience
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a high level understanding of user experience (Product/service design/e-commerce vs marketing/brochure websites)
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Axure
- Showcase strong design aesthetic
- A good understanding of UX principles/practices
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- A track record of both great collaboration with creative, product teams, marketing partners, and developers, and excellent management experience, helping to bring designers to the next level
***MUST submit portfolio with multiple examples of digital/web design with application (link to online portfolio preferred)
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Alex is part of the Places Team, which focuses on improving the quality of data on TripAdvisor’s site and working on back-end systems to ensure that information is useful and accurate.
Back to top