APAC Senior Bid Optimization Specialist
The APAC Senior Optimization Specialist will be at the center of Bid Management’s efforts to develop more robust data systems. These systems will allow the team to develop more insight into TripAdvisor’s auction as well as better tools and products for TripAdvisor’s clients. The insight, tools and products will be the basis for the Bid Management’s support of clients’ business and strategic goals on TripAdvisor. The role will be in the unique position of developing extensive knowledge of the company’s clients’ businesses, as well as TripAdvisor’s auction.
The Hiring Manager has assembled a small global team of superstars with a variety of different competencies ranging from deep technical skills as data scientists, to strategic client facing consulting skills. He is looking for another superstar to further expand the team’s capabilities.
The successful candidate should come from a data development and analysis background with expertise in programming; have a strong opinion to share within the team to create new ideas, solutions and strategies; and be independent and able to operate on their own.
The team is structured so that each member of the team is a specialist and compliments the other optimizers’ skills to create a cohesive and effective unit. Each specialist learns over time to operate independently because they have learned best practices from other team members.
The optimizer will work with three sets of responsibilities: Engineering solutions, client engagements and support for the Global Sales team.
- Build and execute auction support products, tools and strategies to enable clients to meet their campaign objectives and optimize performance.
- Using a variety of data sources determine the impact of different bidding strategies on client performance and TripAdvisor’s auction.
- Develop and monitor KPI’s to measure the impact and adoption of recommendations and strategies.
- Develop a deep understanding of TripAdvisor’s auction and bidding environment.
- Be a key contributor in the development of the next version of TripAdvisor’s auction.
- Work very closely with the Sales Relationship Managers to translate recommendations into easy to understand tactics for client distribution.
- BS/MS in a technical field with heavy computing background.
- 4+ years’ experience with research or data analysis involving large data sets.
- 4+ years’ work experience with a variety of modern databases and languages (SQL, Hive, Postgres, Hadoop).
- A strong understanding of Linux.
- Development experience in a scripting language (Bash, Python).
- Experience working on agile technical teams.
- Ability to drive and own projects.
- Preferred experience in a technical role with a technology / internet start-up.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of business and technical staff.
- Willingness to teach others and learn new skill.
- Excellent problem-solving & analytical skills. The ability to combine creative use of insight and data with attention to detail, while balancing these details with the larger business objectives.
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, entrepreneurship, and tenacity while working independently. Thrives on challenges and works proactively.
- Relentlessly high standards, never satisfied with the status quo.
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to listen, and deliver clear concise insight that can be digested in a minimum amount of time.
- Comfortable with and adaptable to change. The team works in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
Back to top