AP, Staff Accountant
Why This Position is Awesome:
The Staff Accountant will report into the Director of Accounting Operations and be responsible for the processing and payment of domestic and international vendor invoices for TripAdvisor and certain subsidiaries. This includes working with department managers to obtain approvals and properly classify expenses as well as other members of the accounting department during the month end close. In addition, the Staff Accountant will be expected to correspond with vendors to obtain additional documentation and resolve issues as necessary.
What You'll Do:
- Properly code and enter invoices into the Workday accounting system.
- Process check runs, ACH payments and manual wires through banking integrations and other tools.
- Coordinate AP workflow to ensure timely review of AP invoices by department managers.
- Work with the business to obtain information required to setup new vendors.
- Work with vendors to resolve disputes and provide payment information as required.
- Provide support to TripAdvisor employees submitting travel expenses for reimbursement.
- Work with various departments to determine needed accruals for month-end closings.
- Develop journal entries during the month end close process.
- Reconcile and provide analytics monthly on certain Balance Sheet accounts.
- Provide schedules and information for statutory filings and audits as needed.
- Perform numerous other tasks and projects as required.
What We Seek:
- Degree in Accounting.
- Experience with Workday and/or Hyperion a plus.
- Highly skilled in MS Excel.
- Must be highly organized, able to work independently and detail oriented.
- Strong time management and communications skills.
- Ability to meet designated deadlines and manage multiple initiatives.
- Ability to work well with others in a small company, high growth environment.
Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer may provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Back to top