Analytics Engineer, Marketing
Analytics Engineer, Marketing
We are seeking an ambitious individual to join our marketing analytics team, responsible for driving millions of users to our global sites each month. The Analytics Hacker will be responsible for developing analytical systems to support answering travel questions at scale that will be used as part of our global press releases and public relations efforts.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- During the first month, this role will be responsible for consulting with the PR team and responding to analysis requests related to global travel and pricing trends.
- Within three months, we expect this role to identify common themes throughout the adhoc requests and to use this insight to build automated processes, systems, methods, and tools that allow us to scale our ability to accurately answer PR questions.
- Within six months, we expect this role to have created one or more automated or semi-automated analysis systems to enable non-technical users the ability to answer many questions themselves without the need for technical support.
- As one example of what this role may develop: an end-to-end analytical process in Hive/R/Python that supports a web interface to rank top hotels, restaurants, attractions, and travel destinations across the globe by a variety of measures and dimensions (E.g. – top 10 “up and coming” travel destinations in Asia).
- Collaborating and rapidly iterating with internal PR and marketing teams to identify sound measurement approaches for use in rankings.
- Translating vague data requests into a specification that you will then use to construct an end-to-end data process for delivering results that align with the project’s goals.
What TripAdvisor is Seeking in the Ideal Candidate:
- Must have strong experience developing automated data processes that run nightly in R, Python, or Java. Are you a hacker?
- Candidate must be obsessed with data analysis & quality. Must have experience with a variety of technologies related to data analysis.
- This is a people-facing role. Consulting and project management experience a plus.
- Candidate must be comfortable building his or her own reporting mechanisms if needed, but know/appreciate how to use tools like Tableau to move even faster.
Other Qualities TripAdvisor Values in a Candidate:
- Openness to change and new information.
- Recognition of own strengths and weaknesses and an eagerness to learn and improve.
- Ability to collaborate with others, build trusting relationships and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Ability to respond appropriately to needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people.
- Capacity to understand and utilize the key performance metrics relevant to role.
- Ability to express facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
- Strong business acumen.
- Aptitude to partner with other departments and varying levels of staff and management.
- Ability to take direction, effectively lead projects and motivate others to achieve goals.
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top