Ad Trafficker APAC
This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of the online display advertising team at TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site that enables travelers to plan and book the perfect trip.
In this role, you get to work with a variety of brands and see how they leverage our platform and solutions to market their products and services, and you get to immerse yourself in the dynamic online display advertising space that offers constant learning opportunities.
You must be fluent in English (both written and oral) because this position will support English-speaking clients across APAC.
We are looking for someone with an abundance of patience and initiative, who is ready to and capable of managing very high work volumes, constant last minute requests, and yet above all, able to consistently deliver outstanding work quality and service.
Please note that this is not a marketing or media planning or campaign optimization role. Programmatic bidding or optimization of campaigns to meet campaign objectives is not part of the job scope. This role is focused on launching campaigns, advertising creative implementation, conversion and research tracking implementation, and requires that you are process and detailed-oriented, and analytical with excellent troubleshooting skills.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced, mature and dynamic self-starter who is passionate about Operational Efficiency and Excellence and who desires to grow his/her career in digital advertising operations.
If you have an innate ability to consistently produce perfect work, if you desire to contribute to an open, collaborative and positive team environment, if you are passionate about working closely with your manager to rapidly improve the efficiency of the team, and if you are not afraid of hard work and are ready to be part of a rapidly changing and demanding online advertising sales environment, we would like to chat with you!
Please note that:
- You must be fluent in English (both written and oral).
- You must be very detailed-oriented and highly accurate.
- You must really enjoy operations work and know that operations is in your DNA.
- We are looking for an exceptional individual who has an abundance of patience and initiative to constantly come forward with solutions to challenges, who is ready to and capable of managing very high work volumes, constant last minute requests, and yet above all, able to consistently deliver outstanding work quality and service.
What You’ll Do:
As an Ad Operations Trafficker, you are a specialist and consultant to various internal and external stakeholders for all advertising formats’ specifications, guidelines, and turnaround times on TripAdvisor as well as on our programmatic buying platforms, and you are the go-to-person for conversion and research tracking implementations. You play a crucial role to TripAdvisor’s bottom line by providing best in class service and solutions to both internal and external customers and in ensuring our advertisers’ ads are correctly placed on TripAdvisor and our programmatic channels. We rely on your initiative, creativity and analytical abilities to generate efficiency ideas and best practices from your day to day encounters to help propel the team and business forward.
Reporting to the Ad Operations Manager, the Ad Operations Trafficker is responsible for the following critical tasks:
- Provide best in class service and solutions to TripAdvisor’s internal and external customers e.g. sales, client development, planners, ad solutions, advertisers, agencies.
- Receive and review online advertising materials from clients and ensure that they adhere to advertising specifications and guidelines.
- Set up online advertising campaigns across TripAdvisor network as well as on our programmatic platforms. This includes creative set up, testing and troubleshooting.
- Perform QA on dynamic, rich media, HTML5 and video creatives.
- Be a consultant to clients for conversion tracking implementation. Generate conversion tags and guide clients with implementation on their website.
- Capture advertisements after they launch and provide screenshots of advertisements to clients.
- Generate weekly reports and work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure campaigns launch on time and revenue is maximized.
- Troubleshoot and analyze third party discrepancies.
- Display excellent project management abilities for all activities, ensuring all internal and external stakeholders are well informed throughout the entire process (by phone or email).
- Be the go-to person internally and externally for any creative specs, guidelines and tracking related questions.
- Assist Manager with projects as required.
- Work closely with your manager and take an active role in identifying key business challenges and generating best practices or efficiency ideas to address challenges.
What We Need From You:
- Degree with a minimum of 2-4 years of internet business/project management/operations/business analysis experience.
- Digital Ad Operations experience desirable, preferably with DoubleClick tools.
- In-depth knowledge of commonly used third party tracking or analytics platforms (DoubleClick, Google Analytics etc.) desirable.
- Strong attention to details, highly organized.
- Open and collaborative approach.
- Positive attitude.
- Great analytic skills. Excellent problem solver.
- Ability to manage and exceed customer expectations.
- Great interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be communicating daily with multiple key internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable working under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Comfortable with a rapidly changing, fast paced and demanding online advertising sales environment.
- An abundance of initiative.
- Driver of operational efficiency and excellence.
- Strong Team Player.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top