Ad Display Sales Account Manager
SmarterTravel, a TripAdvisor Company, offers travelers a portfolio of travel sites to help them find the right trip at the right price. We are a team of passionate professionals who push and drive and innovate like a start-up, but we also have a track record of success and we benefit from being a part of a large, public company.
SmarterTravel is looking for an experienced Ad Display Sales Account Manager to join the digital Display Sales Team in our New York City, Boston or Los Angeles office. The position will include responsibility for digital display, newsletter, and custom content display advertising sales across our suite of online travel web sites. The ideal candidate will have experience establishing and managing relationships at both advertiser direct and agency level. A recent and successful track record of digital CPM ad sales is required and experience selling in the travel industry a big plus. The right candidate will be proactive, motivated, organized, responsible and will be able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented and entrepreneurial environment. We are looking for a strong closer.
Responsibilities include client prospecting, rapidly building a sales pipeline, establishing client relationships, and meeting a quarterly sales revenue goal. This individual will be required to deliver client presentations to both agencies and advertisers in person and via video conference, craft proposals, negotiate contracts, as well as ensure successful launch of campaigns.
Who you are:
- A self-motivated individual, able to identify opportunities, and create a strategic plan and close new business sales.
- Have experience managing a portfolio of large and small accounts.
- Have a strategic approach to decision making and back decisions with data analysis and a clear understanding of client's business, competition, and industry trends.
- Produce outstanding results both professionally and personally and have a history of exceeding sales goals.
- Tech Savvy and comfortable working closely with online site editorial, engineering and product. You must enjoy problem solving and be unafraid of technical solutions to ensure success of campaigns.
- Extremely organized and highly motivated.
- You have the ability to sell online, on the phone and in person.
- 5+ years digital account management and sales experience of online media.
- Experience managing a portfolio generating revenues in excess of US $1M a year.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting priorities.
- Experience giving presentations to clients.
- Comfortable reporting to a manager in another office/state.
- Willingness to travel.
At SmarterTravel, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think different to us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
SmarterTravel is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or musical preferences. We think a diverse team builds a better product.
*** This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top