TripAdvisor seeks an Accounting Manager reporting to the Director of Revenue Operations, who will be responsible for the managing the accounting process and accounting close for certain key revenue streams within our core TripAdvisor business. This person will be primarily responsible for managing a team of Accountants/Analysts and will have significant influence over the systems, processes and reporting we use to support the Order to Cash process. The Manager will also have the opportunity to engage in meaningful business and accounting projects, be involved in audit and compliance work and support the launch of new products and services as they arise.
This role requires superior business partnership skills, strong financial acumen, and experience understanding and optimizing complex business processes. This person must be a critical thinker who solves problems independently and exhibits excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for the month end and quarter end accounting close for our Instant Booking and Business Advantage products, ensuring that all Revenue, Accounts Receivable, and Cash accounts are properly recorded and reconciled
- Become subject matter expert across the various financial systems and processes within Order-to-Cash
- Maintain and improve a Financial Reporting/KPI metrics and dashboards and leverage for analytical insights in support of the business
- Partner effectively across Sales, Sales Enablement, Product, Engineering, Systems, Finance, and various other functions to create and implement effective process and policy
- Maintain strong accounting and process controls and work closely with internal and external auditors
- Establish procedures and processes to maximize the team’s effectiveness
- Effectively manage and develop a team of Accounting professionals
What We Seek:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business with a focus on Accounting, MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience, with 3-4 years of management experience
- Substantial systems experience, preferably with Zuora, SalesForce, Workday, and Oracle
- Highly skilled in MS Office and Tableau (or equivalent BI software), SQL knowledge a plus
- Must be highly organized, able to work independently and extremely detail oriented
- Proven ability to effectively manage both primary area of responsibility as well as direct/indirect team
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Jennifer focuses on constantly bringing new clients onboard TripAdvisor’s advertisement platforms, maintaining individual client relationships and retaining each company’s business year after year.
Back to top