Viator is the world's leading resource for researching and booking unforgettable travel experiences, providing access to more than 50,000 tours, attractions and activities in more than 2,500 destinations spanning 170+ countries. Viator flagship website www.viator.com offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with resources including more than 1 million verified traveler reviews and photos, the Viator Travel Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube sites. Viator industry-leading mobile apps (www.viator.com/apps) make it easy to browse and book on the road.
Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at Viator.com, the Viator apps for iOS and Android, 11 local-language sites throughout Europe, Asia and South America, and through its global network of more than 3,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes 18 million visitors per month.
Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator is part of the TripAdvisor family of companies.
Viator is looking for a dynamic sales professional to join our Global Sales & Account Management team. As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for developing and optimizing Viator’s industry-leading tour and attraction offerings in your assigned region.
You will research and identify targets and bring suppliers onto our platform by selling Viator and TripAdvisor’s value proposition as the world’s largest online distribution solution for attractions, tours and activities. Primary responsibilities include strategically expanding Viator’s tour and activity supplies, optimizing a growing collection of products in your region, managing relationships with local tour operators, attractions and tourism board, negotiating contracts and commercial terms with key accounts, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to resolve supplier and customer issues.
This role requires attention to detail, the ability to build a trusted relationship with supplier, master various systems and processes, effective communication skills both internally and externally, and strong leadership for regional strategy planning. The ideal candidate has 3+ years’ proven experience in generating and closing leads, as well as managing accounts. This is a great opportunity for a motivated candidate with a passion for travel to join a fun team and have immediate impact driving revenue for a fast-growing global company.
- Develop Viator’s tour and activity product portfolio in your assigned region
- Research destinations, identify partnership opportunities, and drive outreach to target attractions and tour operators
- Attend trade events, participate in regional speaking engagements as needed, and collaborate with destination marketing organizations and visitor bureaus
- Strategically and proactively reach out to suppliers and attractions with high demand to explore contracting opportunities
- Sell Viator and TripAdvisor’s distribution solution to attractions and tour operators
- Negotiate commercial terms, including net rates and margins
- Ensure that new suppliers successfully load their product portfolio onto Viator’s platform
- Review product’s pricing, availability and content for quality and accuracy
- Work with suppliers to offer product planning strategies and promotion opportunities
- Review regional performance and leverage supplier relationships to optimize revenue growth
- Collaborate with marketing and other departments to promote products and destinations
- Be an organizational “thought leader” in your assigned region, filling strategic gaps and working with suppliers to develop new products to meet consumer demand
- Analyze regional performance and propose strategies to continuously improve product quality, revenue, and conversion
- Provide training and operational support to accounts as needed, including customer service, finance and other administrative matters
Key Skills & Experience
- 3-5+ years sales and/or account management experience, preferably with an online company
- Travel industry experience preferred; experience with tour operators highly regarded
- Experience working in the Australian Inbound Tourism Industry will be highly regarded
- Strong written and oral communication skills is required
- Proven record of generating leads and contracting business
- Superb negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills including highly proficient use of data tools and MS Excel
- Proficiency with MS Office, Salesforce, and online content management systems; Familiar with Tableau
- Ability to multitask organize multiple priorities simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable personality; self-motivated, enthusiastic, strategic minded and able to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
Meet Some of TripAdvisor's Employees
Senior Director Of Product, Restaurants & Attractions
Sanjay oversees every aspect of restaurant and attraction page interaction and information creation to gauge what works for TripAdvisor’s 350 million monthly visitors.
Back to top